Author Topic: LinkStation LS-CH1.0TL Bitorrent - 0 seeds & peers  (Read 1789 times)

kokwei

• Calf
LinkStation LS-CH1.0TL Bitorrent - 0 seeds & peers
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:56:07 AM »

Hi,
I have recently purchased a LinkStation NAS model LS-CH1.0TL upgraded to firmware version 1.34.
Every works as expected with the exception of the Bitorrent client. I am experiencing 0 (seeds) and 0 (peers) no matter how long I have set the torrent to download. If I try downloading the torrent from my PC (on the same LAN) using uTorrent for example, it works perfectly fine.
This however does not happen to all torrent files, but most of them.
If I may give some example torrent files which does not work:
Torrent file which does work:
I would appreciate if you can advise what could be wrong. I do not think it is network settings as both the Linkstation and my PC are configured on DHCP (same gateway, same DNS settings). If the uTorrent client works on the PC, I would like to rule out network settings as a possibility.
Thank you.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation LS-CH1.0TL Bitorrent - 0 seeds & peers
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »

Try forwarding ports TCP  6881-6999, and  6969 in your router to the ip address of the Linkstation. 

carneasada

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »

If some torrents work and others dont, it's probably the torrent.  Are there any seeders for #1 and #2?  Is the tracker working?

Piroman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »

I have had a similar problem only I had 0 seeds all the time...

I have found a stupid fault made by me!

When I have changed the IP address from automatic to fix, I have forgoten to type in the

Primary DNS Server:and Secondary DNS Server:, which you have to type in order for bitorrent client.
Hope this saves somebodies troubles...