Author Topic: Can't Get to See Mac OS to see Linkstation Mini  (Read 2876 times)

meckstut

• Calf
Can't Get to See Mac OS to see Linkstation Mini
« on: November 21, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »

I haven't been able to find a solution to this.

I am running a wireless network with several PC's,3 Mac's, a printer and a Linkstation Mini. I have no problems using the Linkstation with the PC's but I can't get my Mac to see the Linkstation. I am running a Mac OS 10.6.4 and a NASNavigator 2 (version 2.30).

The Mac works fine on the wireless network (I use a Linksys Router) and I can even print using the wireless printer.

What can I do?

Thanks

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Can't Get to See Mac OS to see Linkstation Mini
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »

What error do you get when you try to map the remote default share for your unit using the nas navigator? 

meckstut

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »

I don't get an error. NASNavigator 2 scans my drives but no drives show up in the window

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »

ok, try going to finder , then go to go, then connect to server, and type in the ip address and see if you can see your folders. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 10:07:39 AM »

dont just type the IP address type:

smb://IP_of_Linkstation

*"IP_of_Linkstation" denotes the ACTUAL IP address  of the Linkstation that can be found in the nas navigator.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

meckstut

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 07:36:43 PM »

Thanks, that didn't work.

I checked my network to confirm the IP address and it is up and running and I can see both my Mac and the Linkstation. Both are active (online) and both have IP addresses. However, of the two PC's I have on the network, one accesses the Linkstation very easily and i can see all of the folders. However, now the second PC sees the Linkstation but when I try to access it I get the following message "Could not open shared file, confirm drive status". What is up with that?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 01:22:39 AM »

These are the things that can effect that. Firewalls, what operating system the pc's are running, which version of navigator your running and if the pc can communicate with the rest of the network. Have you tried accessing the drive using windows and not the nas navigator? 

meckstut

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »

OK, got the pc working and accessing the LS, you were right, it was a firewall issue, but still not able to access via the Mac - any other ideas? I have the LS on automatic, I'll try with it on.

meckstut

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »

Any other suggestions for my Mac problem?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »

You could try uninstalling the current nas navigator and installing the latest vesion. You could try accessing it through the connect to server option with either the ip address or host name. These are the only two ways to access the unit from a mac. Sorry about the delay, thanksgiving and all : )

simplj

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »

I just bought a Linkstation Duo. I had same problem where Mac cannot see the linkstation. Go to System Preference -> Security-> Firewall tab. Make sure you allow NASNavigator.app.

goodearthling

• Calf
Thank You
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:00:51 AM »

Thank you for this simple guidance. I have been struggling with this problem on my MAC for 2yrs. Thanks to you I can finally seen the Linkstation Mini in the NAS Navigator. Like the other guy, my PC had no problem it was only my Mac. Thanks again.