Author Topic: New LS-VL never wakes up after sleep ! - work around is here !  (Read 12270 times)

traveller

• Calf
Re: New LS-VL never wakes up after sleep !
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2011, 03:17:40 AM »

I can confirm the problem and the workaround concerning the japanese time zone. My LinkStation Duo didn't wake up at the scheduled time after a firmware upgrade to V1.37. As described above, the problem is that shutdown time is your set time zone but wakeup time is japanese time. I live in Germany (GMT+1), my settings were 07:00 AM wake up and 01:00 AM (=25:00) shutdown. After the upgrade, the NAS went to sleep at 01:00 AM but didn't come back at 07:00 AM.

When you consider the cause of the problem (Wake up time is japanese time, but shutdown time is set local time), it's all logical: The NAS shuts down at 01:00 AM local time. But as 07:00 AM wake up time is japanese time, that would be 11:00 PM GMT - when my NAS is still running. So the wake up order has no effect as the LinkStation is already working.

Workaround: Leave the settings for the shutdown but change the settings for wake up according to japanese time. My working settings for wake up at 07:00 AM and shutdown at 01:00 AM GMT+1 now are:

Wake up: 15:00

Shutdown: 25:00

By the way: The fact that it takes Buffalo months to patch such a simple bug (I just installed firmware v1.40 and the problem is still the same) made me think about buying a more expensive NAS next time.

Cambion7

• Calf
Re: New LS-VL never wakes up after sleep ! - work around is here !
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »

The Japan time zone fix worked for me too.  Linkstation LS-LV Pro with firmware 1.37.  My Linkstation timezone set to my timezone.  On-time set to time PST time that's equivelant to Japan time.  Off-time to the time in PST.  Thanks for the work-around.  Just a shame that BuffaloTech doesn't think a few months time isn't worth an update. 

neixian

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »

Interesting. My LS pro quad has exactly the same problem!

VirtuaMcPolygon

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »

Well i've fixed it!

it was easy!

I just went out and brought a synology ds211j and now it all works like a charm.

it turns on and off when i want. Support for osx and privileges. Time machine works without any crazy work arounds.

lol *groan*

just want buffalo to know they have lost my custom now over this. the synology nas is flipping out of this world by the way. buffalo should take note.