Author Topic: New LS-VL never wakes up after sleep ! - work around is here !  (Read 12275 times)

mbart81

• Calf
Re: New LS-VL never wakes up after sleep !
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 02:42:07 AM »

I run: LS-WXL fw vers. 137

It seems there are 2 different phenomena here:

- some units wake up ages before scheduled time

- some units never wake up

while sleep down works well.

I have a theory:

- sleep down use time with your time zone setting

- wake up use time with Japanes time zone

that's could explain why in my case (located in Europe, GMT+1) NAS wakes up ages before scheduled time.
It would be interesting that everyone that has posted here, post also time zone setting (and maybe also timer setting).

If my theory is correct everyone in Europe get wake up ages before scheduled time, while everyone in US get never wake up.

My timers are:

• timer 1: on 19, off 22.45 Mo-Fr
  • timer 2: on 10, off 22.45 Sa-Sd

VirtuaMcPolygon

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 06:33:31 AM »

running a linkstation duo with fw 1.40

Any news on this being fixed. 

It's really beginning to get annoying now. I always had my linkstation duo set up to kick in at 9 in the morning and turn off at 6:30. Being I'm away alot and log in via FTP to the drive. I'm having to leave it on 24/7 now due to the sleep timer not working.

Come on buffalo. If you you want to be taken seriously as a company you should be all over this.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »

We've (Buffalotech USA) requested it be in the next FW revision from Japan.

maxxdmg

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »

I don't believe. After two months from the release of 1.37 nobody could solve this problem. I do not want to criticize anyone, but this problem should have been rectified immediately.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »

Maxx, I completely agree. I think it sucks that the 1.37 firmware is what broke the linkstations, so why not just release a firmware with a fix. I guess they are pretty busy with the release of all their new products. I worry that a year from now they will not support any of their products. My LS is only about 8 months old and already they don't have much support. I to hope they fix it soon. I worry that being on 24/7 is going to wear it out sooner. Or maybe that is what they want, so that we can go out and buy a new LS, I hope that is not their intention becasue if it is, they will be shocked. I am not going back to Buffalo, Sorry.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »

Buffalotech Japan combines several fixes and new feature updates across a variety of products for each new FW. Rarely will they push a FW out to fix one bug, unless it is a critical bug. This is an industry standard policy for hardware products.

We forward all issues to Japan, and this one was forwarded and logged in their system.

Rickalodeon

• Calf
Re: My LS-VL never wakes up after sleep
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »

Same problem on LS-WXL firmware version 1.40

VirtuaMcPolygon

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 04:33:39 PM »

Any news on a FW 1.41 update to fix this :-/

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 04:40:40 PM »

I have been told that there was a bug with 1.40 and that is why it was not released for every model. There is a 1.41 coming out in the middle of February. We'll see,

mrpes

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 05:23:30 PM »

mbart81 wrote:

I run: LS-WXL fw vers. 137

I have a theory:

- sleep down use time with your time zone setting

- wake up use time with Japanes time zone

(..)

If my theory is correct everyone in Europe get wake up ages before scheduled time, while everyone in US get never wake up.

It worked for me!

Thanks to your hint, I've finally found a schedule that let my LS-WX2.0TL/R1 EU (native 1.34 updated to 1.37 firmware) behave like it is expected.

Time Zone is GMT+1 and I wanted Duo working from 8 to 19 (aka 8AM to 7PM), Monday to Friday; so I used

OFF 19 (GMT+1 Time)

ON 16  (Japan Time; equivalent to 8AM in GMT+1 Time)

Thanks again for this valuable information.

qwerty

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 02:17:53 AM »

I was about to returm my New Buffalo Linkstation Pro (LS-XH2.0L Firmware 1.37) due to it not waking up at assigned times also. 

Japanese wake up time worked for me too, so prolem solved. Thanks for the theory.

skidart

• Calf
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 05:04:12 PM »

Thanks a millio, mbart81, it looks like you have resolved the mystery of the wake-up timer. I am living in the US, time zone central time (GMT -6 hours). My wake up timer did never work with the setting: wake 4:00pm (16:00) - sleep 2:00am (or 26:00 as per Buffalo's proprietary time definition). Following your advise, I have kept my time zone setting (US central time = GMT-6), kept the sleep time setting at 26:00 hours, but changed the wake up time to 7:00am (which is eqivalent to 4pm or 16:00 hours in Japan). The Linkstation (firmware 1.40) now wakes up at 16:00 local Texas time and goes to sleep at 2:00am, just as it should.

ncmorgan

• Calf
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 06:25:36 AM »

hi i live in england and want my buffalo to go off at 23.00 and on at 16.00 next day , how can i get it to work like that

mrpes

• Calf
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2011, 05:54:05 PM »

ncmorgan wrote:

hi i live in england and want my buffalo to go off at 23.00 and on at 16.00 next day , how can i get it to work like that

Since Japan is GMT+9 you may try

OFF 23.00

ON 1.00

or

OFF 23.00

ON 25.00

However, one of the two may trigger the warning that sleep time is set before wakeup time (or viceversa, not sure about this and cannot check at the moment since my DUO is not at hand) so your mileage may vary. Just in case, if it's a Duo and you find it didn't  wake up when expected, you'll have to press the button on the back to wake it up from standby (please refer to manuals for these details).

mbart81

• Calf
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 01:44:03 PM »

I'm pleased to hear that the solutions works also for you!

Buffalo please add the fix in the next firmware release!

Buffalo I'm looking to receive a big box of Japanes noddles!