Author Topic: LS-CHL fails to boot after firmware flash; broken /dev/sda1?  (Read 7199 times)

iftikar666

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL fails to boot after firmware flash; broken /dev/sda1?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »

Tried again to do this - got into EM mode - tried to update firmware and the updater froze at getting response from ls-chl.

Have downloaded instructions to do TFTP update but am struggling with this.

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 12:35:52 AM »

TFTP Boot will not help, this is only to get the unit to boot up, which your unit is doing

Since it's getting stuck at getting a response... Make sure that you have "Force Update" checked in the Debug options of the Firmware Updater. Also make sure that ALL your firewalls are turned off (Windows as well as any antivirus software firewall).

iftikar666

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »

unable to try force update - as today once I try boot the drive is flashing purple  (one long flash and then a short one) - also the name of the device has gone to gobbledegook again.

iftikar666

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 09:40:33 AM »

additionaly - can now see it in nasnavi2 as the correct device - when i try open web admin - i receive following mesg.

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at LinkStation-LSGL Port 80 once this happens - NasNavi can't see the device as a valid name (gobbledegook again) now i am unable to attempt a flash as it  says couldn't pass to the authentication   

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 11:42:49 PM »

Try using another web browser.

Make sure ALL firewalls are off, plug the drive directly into your comp and boot your comp into Safe Mode With Networking, then see if you can force update the FW with Deleting User-Config.

This is something you have already tried since being able to find it correctly with the Navi, you may want to contact your local technical support for possible RMA.

iftikar666

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

Hi.

Sorry for delay in repost.

I have now been able to flash firmware and get into web admin.  However I can't access any of the shares, within the web admin there is an option to check disk but I can't select any of the drive areas.

Any ideas?