Author Topic: "Network is busy. Please try again" when opening PowerPoint files shared on Buffalo Terastation III  (Read 1994 times)

billywilson

• Calf

We are using a Buffalo Terastation III
Model #: TS-X2.0TX/R5
Firmware version 1.41

When one of my users (Running Windows 7 and Office 2007) opens PowerPoint and sometimes Excel files that are stored on our Buffalo Terastation III, she sometimes receives the aforementioned error. If she clicks "ok" and tries again it usually works on the 2nd or third time, but she is receiving the error several times daily.

As per the previous topic, I have run Office Repair to no avail. Per Buffalo's recommendation, we updated from firmware version 1.1 to 1.41 and are still seeing this problem just as frequently.

To my knowledge, her Office software is completely up to date. I need to check myself to make sure I'm not being fed a line but I can update once I find out for myself.

Network connection for the user mentioned above is hardwired.  She is a heavy power user, opening & closing lots of PowerPoints all day long.  Other hardwired users also see this problem occasionally (one on XP, one Vista), and we have reproduced it using a wireless laptop running Windows 7.  This is a small Windows domain network running Windows 2003 SBS and Active Directory.  The Terastation III is also configured to integrate with Active Directory on this domain.  We don't think this problem occurred until the Terastation III and Office 2007 were introduced on the network.  Before this, users were running Windows XP, Office 2003, and interacting with .ppt files on Windows SBS server shares and not experiencing this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.