Author Topic: Terastation "lost boot image" on every boot  (Read 1504 times)

blaineglynn

• Calf
Terastation "lost boot image" on every boot
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:32:25 PM »

I just spent the weekend fixing my bricked terastation (model # HSDH00TGLR5) it would not initialize the network so I ended up pulling the drives and rebuilding all of them in ubuntu adding the boot images to the drives. 

Then with the drives out I tftp booted and made sure the system it self had the same boot image.  After puting in the drives and rebooting I belive (it was 3 am) that i had to tftp boot again... and then everything ran fine, I moved the files back over and got everthing set up.

Now I shut it down and restarted it to make sure it would boot fine before taking it back to the client and it said "lost boot image" then went into tftp mode, which seems strange to me as it was working fine.  After that it booted fine and is running currently as expected.

I wanted to update the firmware to make sure everything is good to go, however the updater app cannot find the server, also the strange part is that the nasnavi app can find it...

I'm wondering if anyone has come across such an issue and would be willing to shed some light on the problem.

THanks in advance,

~Blaine

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Terastation "lost boot image" on every boot
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »

Did you try the force update option? 

blaineglynn

• Calf
Re: Terastation "lost boot image" on every boot
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:58:41 PM »

That did the trick!  Thanks for your help! :smileyhappy: