Author Topic: HELP! in dire need of assistance with Drivestation 1 TB USB/LAN external HD  (Read 1635 times)

tyronephelipa

• Calf

model number is HD -CE1.0TLU2-US

Drive is not that old and was working perfectly. I used it to back up all my mp3's / pics and docs before wiping a HD that was on the verge of dieing. Got a new computer and was going to begin transferring files when I get a constant blue flashing led on the unit. 

I flashed the unit with the latest firmware using the LAN connection tool and that was succesful, but the light is still blinking and it does not access the HD.

When switched on (USB) i hear the computer recognize that there is a usb device plugged in, and it also recognizes when it is plugged out. but the blue led never stays on , it always blinks and I never have access to the device.

I have a lot of valuable and irreplaceable files on that unit and i really really would be devastated if I lost all the data.

any suggestions? fixes?

I am even to the point where I would rip apart the unit and try to use it as a slave drive directly...will that even work?

please help me!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull

When you connect the drive via USB do you get normal file system information from disk management.

dataman007

• Calf

If the data is important, then you should try to connect the drive as slave the drive and copy off the data.  It sounds like hard drive failure.  You probably have a 50/50 shot at recovering the data when connecting it as a slave.  If the drive will not cooperate as a slave and you need the data, it will most likely need to be recovered by a data recovery company.  If you need this service, we can evaluate the drive for free and get back to you on a price for recovery.  Our policy is no data-no fee.  Let us know if we can help!

ReWave Data Recovery
RAID Recovery
866-739-2835