Author Topic: "UNFORMATTED" RAID 5 array, can't access data  (Read 1917 times)

FuzzyDunlop

• Calf
"UNFORMATTED" RAID 5 array, can't access data
« on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »

Hello,

I have a HD-h1.0tgl r5, runnning a RAID5 configuration.

Yesterday, everything was working, and this morning, I cannot access the drive.

When I check in the Client Utility, it tells me the RAID array is "UNFORMATTED", when I go to Browser Management, it only gives me the option to Delete and not restructure the array. :(

I have tried switching the Hard Drive Chasis to another identical enclosure I have, and It shows up just as before.

I have then attempted to upgrade the firmware to the latest available, but after the update, it seems to be hung at "Checking the RAID array".

I can still see the default 'info' share, but when I try to access my personal share (where my data is) it says it cannot be found. If the RIAD array is corrupt or some of the drives, would I still be able to see the default 'info folder'?

Is my data gone? Should I be researching DATA Recovery centers? $$ :( $$

Any other options I can try?

Thanks,

Andrew

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: "UNFORMATTED" RAID 5 array, can't access data
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 08:30:44 AM »

At this point checking into data recovery centers would be in your best interest, each time you try to update firmware you risk losing more data.  As for the info folder this is a basic folder and will appear upon re-structure or re-update of the firmware

dataman007

• Calf
Re: "UNFORMATTED" RAID 5 array, can't access data
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 08:35:09 AM »

Yes, you can most definitely damage the data by continuing to try these things.  Our company has over 18 years of experience recovering lost data and we have a department that deals strictly with RAID.  We offer a free evaluation, so if you need help please contact us at 866-739-2835 and we will be happy to assist you in recovering this data.

ReWave Data Recovery
Recovery Service Worldwide

866-739-2835