Author Topic: Super sluggish Linkstation Pro Duo  (Read 3018 times)

Lovermore

• Calf
Super sluggish Linkstation Pro Duo
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:50:24 PM »

Hello,

I have a Linkstation Pro Duo that I bought about a year ago and, in general, that I like very much. I have it configured for RAID 1. I use it on my home network for access by several XP boxes.

All was fine for many months, then it started acting up. At first, it ocassionally would give a disk error. So I did the necessary disk fixing and all was fine. Then it began to periodically stop responding. The only way I could get it to respond again was to unplug it and turn it back on. Upon startup, it typically did a disk check and then all was fine. This happened a few times over the course of many months. But then the frequency with which such errors occured started to increase.

Now it gets stuck in an unusable loop. It goes like this: It stops responding. I unplug it and power it back up. It does a disk check (which takes forever, 3+ hours). The check seems okay and all is fine for a few hours. Then it stops responding again. I cannot break it of this cycle of misery.

So I upgraded the firmware to 1.08 (original was 1.XX), reformatted the disks, and re-established the RAID 1 configuration. But it still gets stuck.

Any thoughts, anybody? Fortunately, I bought an extended warranty through NewEgg. I'll return it if I have to, but I'd rather fix it.

Thanks!

Message Edited by Lovermore on 12-12-2008 12:53 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Super sluggish Linkstation Pro Duo
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »

I would flash the firmware again then set the unit back to factory defaults from the web interface.

If that does not work then set up an RMA