Author Topic: LS mini stuck in fw update  (Read 1324 times)

quagmire

• Calf
LS mini stuck in fw update
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »

LinkStation Mini LS-WSX1.0L/R1
Original Firmware Version 1.34 (DTCP-IP:1.40-20101129)
Windows XP pro and Win 7 Pro

I was having connectivity issues with the mini, flashing orange, no web access, but could ping.  I was advised to flash the firmware, placed the unit into EM Mode and ran the updater.  It appeared to work ok, but never recognized the unit after reboot.  The updater kept waiting for unit to reboot.  The LS Mini now has the following orange light pattern.

2 Long, 5 Short = firmware updating.

I shut the unit down and restarted, same issue.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LS mini stuck in fw update
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »

I would try and reset the unit.

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to off.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

quagmire

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »

Held the function button for at least 10 seconds, then held it in while turning on the unit, blue function light started blinking immediately, released button after 1 sec., then pressed again for 1 sec.  This was soon followed by the 2 long, 5 short orange lights, both orange and blue lights have been blinking for about three hours.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »

Are you able to ping the unit? Can the firmware updater find the unit? You could try forcing the firmware again and it might be able to clear the issue.