Author Topic: LinkStation Live, Twonkyvision & PS3 Photo viewing  (Read 3557 times)

outsourced

• Calf
LinkStation Live, Twonkyvision & PS3 Photo viewing
« on: October 27, 2010, 04:57:39 AM »

Hi,

I had to finally register because I haven't found any solution for this problem.

I have a copy of my digital photo collection stored in LinksStation and I'm using PS3 to view the photos on TV. Everything worked out fine before I got a DSLR, Nikon D90.

The size of JPEGs I usually create is something like 4288x2848. For those files PS3 says "not supported". If I resize JPEG's a bit smaller (say <4000pixels), PS3 recognises them ok. Rescaling from twonkyvision setting is naturally turned of.

I though this is PS3 issue, but now when I tested to set up a DLNA server on my laptop & Windows Media Player, the exactly same photos are shown ok by PS3. So the problem is LinkStation/Twonky.

This thread looked promising, but the solution doesn't help - with rescaling on I can see crappy pictures. Off - the "biggest" ones are shown "not supported". http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Solved-Storage-Threads/jpg-converted-to-small-file-size-when-viewed-with-the-PS3/m-p/12489/highlight/true#M3338" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Solved thread

I hope you can help with this issue. Any updates for Twonky would be great.

LinkStation Live LS-CH1.0TL, Firmware 1.07
Twonkyvision 4.4.8

AirStation WZR-HP-G300NH

PS3

All these are connected via gigabit ethernet

outsourced

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Live, Twonkyvision & PS3 Photo viewing
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:36:26 PM »

I suppose no-one else is having such a problem. Are there any small tweaks such as modifiable .inis that could help with this problem??

Help would be highly appreciated.

-OS

lolozaw

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:46:06 AM »

Hello,

You are not Alone!!!

I just registered for the same reason as you.

I have D90 as well (!) and the pictures from it, stored on the Linkstation appear downsized and Ugly with PS3. But with older pictures taken with less resolution with another camera are OK.

I have a linkstation duo connected via Wired LAN through a LAN switch to my PS3, and the pictures are resized when I look at them with the PS3. I already did some testings:

- No problem with Computer access instead of PS3 (eiter XP or Vista)

- Same behaviour when access with PS3 in Wireless

- Same problem with a second PS3.

- No problem when reading the exactly-same-picture-files from hard disk or USB stick directly connected to PS3 .

- Tried to convert jpeg files into other format without any more success (png, tiff.....)....

- I updated linkstation firmware from 1.24 (!) to 1.37 yersterday....Still the problem.

My system:

LinkStation  LS-WX1.0TL/R1

Firmware 1.37

PS3 with 3.50 firmware

From my side I don't know what twonky is ( is it the software inside the NAS?).

I have seen the same problem on some French Forums from my side.....they are still searching.....

Dear Mr Buffalo, kind help  is required...

Best regards

Lolozaw

lolozaw

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:40:28 AM »

Hello,

Me again,

More info: I tried to change the settings of picture scaling in twonky like mentioned in the thread you linked.

Now, the picture are indicated in the PS3 as "not recognized format"

Some change but Still no success...

And after looking into twonky forum, it seems really that newer version of twonky have solved this issue......But I don't know if an update will work with the linstation firmware...and how to do it.

Regards

outsourced

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 08:02:06 AM »

Hi,

I still have the same problem; Buffalo asked me to send a sample photo for them, I did and they replied it works. It was good service but didn't help a bit.

I have have also tested this with 2 different PS3s, that's not the problem. It must be linkstation/twonky, but the only thing I could do is to initialize the disk and try it then. Now I read your message, if everybody's having the same problem I'm not going to lose my data over this.

Linkstation is having so many problems and no solutions so I'm currently seeking for a working NAS, definitely not made by Buffalo.

lolozaw

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 06:57:52 AM »

Hello,

I, fact, I succeeded to solve the issue with the V1.40 firmware for Linkstation. After having updated, you must run the DTCP-Ip update in the multimedia section, and then the pictures are rather well displayed with PS3....there are resized anyway, but the look has enough good quality on 1080p TV.

I think you should try from your side.

Regards

Lolozaw

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »

How did you manage to get 1.40? All I see is 1.37 available for the LS CH1.0tl?

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 10:57:33 AM »

oops, meant LS-CHL

Neverming, I see my problem. I have the LS-CHL and you have the TL. We with the CHL are still waiting for the promised update that would fix our sleep issues and hopefully the crappy twonky version issue.

paku

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »

Hi,

Is there any new news concerning this matter?

I have also same problem pictures with resolution 4320X3240? when viewing those through PS3.

I have LS-CHL 500gigabytes.

BR

-pk

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:51:54 AM »

Paku, what firmware version are you running on?

paku

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »

Hi,

Version is LS-CHL F/W 1.12, i just updated it wishing that it could solve the problem.

9 megapix photos (smaller resolution) are shown ok, but I would prefer using Ixus 130's 14 megapix photos.

I hope that there will be solution/ fix for this, because otherwise I have to buy other NAS.

BR

pk

?

outsourced

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »

Hi,

I'm also still waiting for the fix, please.

piyush1982

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »

I am running LS-CHL?1.0 firmware 1.52 and have the same problem -- the dlna server is streaming only 640 x 480 photos to my PS3. It is all wired, no wireless involved.

What is the fix for this?? It's a bit useless as it is ..

thanks