Author Topic: TeraStation Pro will not join Small Business Server AD  (Read 4137 times)

rmoore

• Calf
TeraStation Pro will not join Small Business Server AD
« on: September 29, 2008, 02:32:45 PM »

THe NAS will not join a SBS active directory. I spent many hours on the phone with tech support only to have them hang up on me since they had no idea what to do. (What great support.)

I have seen post of there being a domain name size limit for joining it to AD, does anyone know the limit?

Has anyone gotten this to join an SBS server? If so how? 

Thanks.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation Pro will not join Small Business Server AD
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 05:29:38 PM »
Occassionally  phones do disconnect and it's our first priority to resume the call so we can resolve the issue, as we are working on right now.

wohlgetan

• Calf
Re: TeraStation Pro will not join Small Business Server AD
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 06:07:11 PM »

Hi rmoore!

I would love to hear that Buffalo tech team called you and provided a working solution, 'cause I've gone through it earlier this year and never got it joined! They didn't hang up on me but stucked on saying:

Maybe your GPO's are the problem. So I asked which GPO has to be set set up how to let the Terastation Pro II join the AD (SBS 2003), but I only get the answer, they do no Windows support...

I've tried recently with the newest firmware (1.27.117 --> http://downloads.buffalotech.com/TS-HTGL_FW127-117.zip ) but wasn't successful, so I tested it with the external SMB Server authentication and created about twelve "external" users, it seems to work from most workstations. Unfortunately I want to backup directly from the Windows Small Business Server 2003 to the NAS, but that simply doesn't work 'cause this is also the external SMB-Server. Back to square one!

I not very satisfied with my "solution": I turned of authentication for the backup-share and just made it hidden, rebooted the terastation pro II and I could use it.

Funny, though I bought this model mainly of it's integration into AD!

Any hint appreciated, thanks in advance

wohlgetan