Author Topic: Web Access proplem...another one!!  (Read 1852 times)

kathyh

• Calf
Web Access proplem...another one!!
« on: October 14, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »

I'm having trouble getting the web access to work for my linkstation...

It works fine locally, and also externally if i put in my external IP address and the port number. However, putting the code name into the buffalo web access page does not work. -It sends it to another IP address and port number.

Can anyone help??! I can't just enter my IP address all the time because it's not static and will change!!

Thanks,

Kathy

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Web Access proplem...another one!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 01:20:25 PM »

Basically your routers port forwarding rule is setup incorrectly or its not handling the request properly. Its nothing to do with the Linkstation.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kathyh

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »

thanks davo... that's what i gather from buffalo support...but it seems wierd to me that the router forwards it fine when you put in the external ip and the port number (from a remote location)... but it doesn't like it when the request comes via the buffalo web access page? what could be the router's problem?! any pointers on where to look for a solution? i've tried running port forwarding programs like this...http://portforward.com/ as well as manually setting it.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »

is UPnP enabled or disabled on the web access setup?

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kathyh

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 07:01:27 AM »

UPnp is enabled. But that's right, right?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 07:36:18 AM »

On the Linkstation no, If you're having issues, disable UPnP on the Linkstation, select manual port 9000.

Then forward port 9000 of TCP to the IP address of your Linkstation.

kathyh

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 04:06:23 AM »

Thank you so much, it works! I have talked to the tech line in the UK 3 times and each time they have insisted the settings were right and it was a problem with my router! I'm definately down as an annoying customer as they weren't too polite about it either!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!

kx