Author Topic: Ls-QL Disconnection  (Read 6198 times)

Alisdair

• Calf
Ls-QL Disconnection
« on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:06 PM »

I have an Ls-ql which was working fine. It is connected to our network via a switch. We upgraded most of our PC's to Windows 7 which was fine and the after about a month the Ls-QL disconnects at the same time every day. We have to either restart it or just add or delete a new folder which restarts the Samba server. I have forced a firmware update and restored it to factory settings 2 days ago and we are still getting the problem. We have several windows operating systems accessing this - Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows vista.  It is strange that it is the same time every day this happens.

Anyone have any ideas - Help please!!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Ls-QL Disconnection
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:25 PM »

What position is the switch in on the unit?  Is the unit changing IP addresses?  Also, I know that you said you updated the firmware, but what version are you running?

Alisdair

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 03:01:59 AM »

The switch is in the manual position, no the ip address stays the same (fixed ip set), I can access the web control panel but none of the data until we add or remove a shared folder which I have been told restarts the samba server. The firmware is 1.11

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 03:04:23 AM »

How are you trying to access the data?

Alisdair

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:17:27 AM »

Either by ip address or mapped drive, but when it disconnects the mapped drives also disappear

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 03:26:35 AM »

How full is the unit to capacity?  Also are you getting any error/info lights?  What is the hostname according to the NASNAVI?

It is also possible that it could be some sort of firewall issue.  Is there anything that changed since it stopped working?

Alisdair

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »

6.77% used, no error/info lights, Linkstation name - LS-QL85F, no not a firewall issue, the only thing that has changed is we upgraded to Windows 7, we spoke to Buffalo support who said it was a windows 7 issue causing the samba server to halt, however this has not been resolved

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »

Test it with a direct connection to a PC using a static IP address on both. If the same thing does not occur then the issue lies with your network.

Not an ideal solution but at least this way you will be able to narrow down where the problem lies.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Alisdair

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 09:15:18 AM »

Already tested with a direct connection and mapping across to that share - no change

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »

Try changing the NTLM settings in Windows 7 to not require NTLM v2.

1. Run the registry editor and open this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

1. If it doesn't already exist, create a DWORD value named
LmCompatibilityLevel

3. Set the value to 1

4. Reboot

or,

you can download a patch that does the same thing:

http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/Buffalo_NAS_Vista_Support.zip

Alisdair

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 04:33:17 AM »

OK I tried this and thought it had worked, for a couple of days it did, it now doesn't we still have the same problem, I have checked that the patch has been applied in the registry and it has on all pc's however the problem still exists. Any futher ideas?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »

You will want to flash the firmware on the unit using FAQ 2 of 5 to try and fix this issue. 

Alisdair

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »

FAQ 2 of 5???? I have already forced an update to the firware recently

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 11:33:43 AM »

Ok, if you did force the firmware and its still having the same issue try to initialize the unit through the interface. Go to maintenance, then initialization and then restore to factory defaults. This will not delete the data.