Author Topic: Drivestation HD-CE1.0TU2-EU 1TB problems  (Read 6939 times)

derkonfire

• Calf
Drivestation HD-CE1.0TU2-EU 1TB problems
« on: January 02, 2009, 07:58:02 PM »

Hi there,

I recently bought a drivestation, but ive been having nothing but problems with it ever since i got it. I know nothing about computers so I have no idea how to fix these things but ill tell you whats wrong.

The main thing is that it doesnt like it when i try to transfer things onto the drive, it may transfer a few items but then itll freeze, causing my whole pc to freeze & i have to restart the whole computer. When i first plugged it in i went through the whole process of changing the file system from FAT32 to NTFS using the program that was on the hard drive itself, but i think i remember seeing it still being FAT32 afterwards.

Then my pc decided to randomly switchoff without warning & ever since then ive been having problems with the hard drive. I wasn't able to access the drive & when i tried installing things onto the drive (libraries of VST instruments), the setup would freeze & again id have to restart the whole PC. I formatted the drive through Device Manager & changed it to NTFS but i still have the same problems. I just cant transfer anything onto the drive or install anything because it will just freeze & crash. I rly dont want to have to buy another one but i fear i may have to.

When formatting, i lost all of the things that were originally on the hard drive (drivenavi.exe, the icon etc), but i think i can get them back because my friend bought the same hard drive & hes had no problems whatsoever (he said he didnt use any programs from the hard drive, he just plugged it in & started transferring) so i think i can recover drivenavi.exe & whatever else was on the drive.

I could rly do with a solution to this problem & if anyone can help me here, I'd be very grateful. I'm running XP media centre if that helps.

Thanks, Derek.

derkonfire

• Calf
Re: Drivestation HD-CE1.0TU2-EU 1TB problems
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:10:13 AM »
   Any help would be greatly appreciated, please.

sethz

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:32:44 AM »

Are you running XP or Vista?

-right-click on your "My Computer" icon, and choose "Manage".

-in the window that opens up, locate "Disk Management" under "Storage"

-You should see the drive letter of the Drivestation , where you can right-click on it and choose "Format"

-Set it for NTFS. Of course it will delete all your data so get anything off of it first that needs keeping.

Also if you have another computer to try this with, do that. See if the same problem happens on a second computer. That will help whittle it down to being a computer or Drivestation issue.

derkonfire

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »

I'm running XP Media Centre. & I've already tried it with my brother's laptop & I was having the same problems, it wouldn't even let me format & he has Vista. So I'm pretty sure it's a Drivestation issue.

I've tried formatting a couple of times & it hasn't worked. Last time i tried it said it couldnt even finish the formatting. I'll try again but I doubt its gonna work. Does anyone have any ideas whats going on?

derkonfire

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 06:30:44 PM »
   I tried formatting the drive & it didnt finish formatting. Srsly, what is going on with this hard drive?

daso

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 12:38:31 PM »

same here !!

sethz

• El Toro
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
   The next step I would try would be to see if the problem duplicates on another computer. Starting a format and not finishing seems pretty odd.

Mark

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 02:51:26 PM »

I bought a HD and I also formatted to ntfc. After that it still worked. Today I started up my computer and the computer doesn't recognize the drive. I downloaded the software from this site. But I still can't get it to work. When I plug in the USB the computer doesn't recognize it. It also does't work on my other computer.

Can anybody help me???

derkonfire

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:34:01 PM »
   The problem does happen on other PCs. My bro's laptop didnt let me finish & my mate came round & tried it out on his & it didnt work. & he has exactly the same hard drive as me. He said he heard a nosie inside the hard drive which leads him to believe its bust cos his one doesnt make that sound. I guess I'm just gonna have to return it & buy another.

sethz

• El Toro
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 04:33:42 PM »

Mark wrote:

I bought a HD and I also formatted to ntfc. After that it still worked. Today I started up my computer and the computer doesn't recognize the drive. I downloaded the software from this site. But I still can't get it to work. When I plug in the USB the computer doesn't recognize it. It also does't work on my other computer.

Can anybody help me???

Do the steps above (Right click on "My Computer" etc...) and see if it shows up as Drive1 or Drive2 in Disk Management. If it doesn't show up, then repeat these steps on the other computer.If it shows up in Disk Management, it should still be able to be formatted.

chrisichris

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 01:47:16 PM »

Ok people, i have just bought one of these drives and it comes with software that you install, in this software it asks you if you want to fomat it to NTFS, press yes and mine took around 10 mins to do, you mention about the time it takes to transfer and the noise it makes , well as this external drive doesnt need to use indexing you need to turn it off - it solved the problem straight away and mine runs like a dream, If you are using vista you can disable indexing all together as it doesnt effect any search options. My computer - right click on drive- properties- uncheck indexing, Oh by the way my drive has tranfer rate of upto 30mbps

Message Edited by chrisichris on 02-27-2009 02:35 AM

ourgavs

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 06:28:46 AM »

I am having the same problem, I have even tried to the My Computer -> Manage. But the computer just hangs. Can anyone help?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »

What OS?  "I am having the same problem" is a little non-descript but since you said My Computer I'm going to guess XP?

Majestic

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »

I have a buffalo EXT HDD 1 TB with 200mb of files on it I haven't backed up my file for some time 4/5 months thought I'd better pull my finger out. Anyway I cant get my buffalo EXT HDD 1 TB to mount I've looked around for driver updates. (I've downloaded those.)

I have also tried to Manage the drive through computer management, nothing.

It worked with no problems before, I just plugged it in and way I went.

At the moment I cant's get the buffalo EXT HDD 1 TB to mount.

HD-CEU2 Series
USB 2.0 External Hard Drive with TurboUSB

Intel(R) Core i7 CPU 920 @2.67  2.67

Memory 6.00 GB

64 bit OS

Windows Vista Home Premium

Service Pack 2

Drivestation HD-CE1.0TU2-EU 1TB problems 

I think I've got Firmware 3.02 only I can't update the Drivestation HD-CE1.0TU2-EU 1TB because I can't get it to mount