Author Topic: HD PE320U2 cannot be detected as storage---has beeping sound  (Read 1365 times)

jamgutz

• Calf
HD PE320U2 cannot be detected as storage---has beeping sound
« on: October 04, 2010, 01:18:55 AM »

Hi all,

I was about to throw away this buffalo HDD but decided to give this forum a try. I hope somebody can shed a light especially the tech people from BUFALLO themselved. Just FYI, I just bought my 3rd Buffalo 1TB portable HDD so I'm a big fan of your devices so to speak. Anyways, the issue is that one of my HDDs which is the 320GB HD PEU2cannot be detected as a storage drive but the device can be detected which means the I just couldn't cannot see it in 'My Computer' nor in 'Disk Management'. When I plug in the device, the blue LED just flicker once or twice and gives this THREE BEEP SOUND which you can hardly hear. The trouble started when this device went really slow and I decided to reformat it..in the middle of formatting, the blue LED just turned off and it says cannot continue. I formatted the device like 10 times but none was successful until now that the device cannot be detected as a storage drive. Any comment is appreciated

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: HD PE320U2 cannot be detected as storage---has beeping sound
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »

The problem sounds like you have a bad hard disk in the unit, there is no easy way to remedy this problem w/o purchasing a new disk for the unit