Author Topic: Which's network storages's built-in media server supports FLAC ?  (Read 1224 times)

Pivo

• Calf
Which's network storages's built-in media server supports FLAC ?
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:21:54 AM »

Hi,

I own a HS-DHGL which works fine and it's built-in media server (Mediabolic) met my prospects until yesterday.

Yesterday I got my new high-end streaming client and began ripping my music cds to FLAC format.

The Mediabolic not supports FLAC.

The german Buffalo hotline approved this.

Nevertheless I consider since weeks to have an other, a bigger NAS as my Linkstation.

So I appreciate it if one of you can tell me which Buffalo storage (resp. the factory built-in mediaserver) supports FLAC files (the german hotline does not know that).

Thanks in advance

Pivo

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Which's network storages's built-in media server supports FLAC ?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »

Our USA Quality Engineer says the Linkstation's 1.34 revision does not support FLAC files. I suggest you add a feature request in the Idea Exchange Lounge and ask a lot of people to vote for it.

Pivo

• Calf
Re: Which's network storages's built-in media server supports FLAC ?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:01:35 PM »

Thanks @drmemory that's what I figured out and what was approved by the German support hotline.

But my second question was which Link- or TeraStation (2 or 4 HDDs) supports FLAC files with it's built-in media server because as I mentioned I consider since weeks having a bigger end more potential NAS as my hitherto HS-DHGL.

But nevertheless I placed my request to the idea exchange board.

So @drmemory, please name Buffalo NAS' which supports FLAC because I remain true to Buffalo.