Author Topic: TS-1.0TGL/R5 Password reset/ IP reset  (Read 1922 times)

michal_p

• Calf
TS-1.0TGL/R5 Password reset/ IP reset
« on: September 27, 2010, 04:45:56 AM »

Hello

I have a problem with TS-TGL Tera Station. Its been used on different site and set up by  admins that left the company. I dont know the password so i cant change enything. Its in the EM mode at the moment.  Can't realy firmware it because of the IP address pointing to that other site (firewall Issue). There is no reset button. Is there any way to reset it back to defaults some how??

Thanks

Michael. 

michal_p

• Calf
Re: TS-1.0TGL/R5 Password reset/ IP reset
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:11:20 AM »

I've found the reset button but it doesn't reset ip.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:20:17 AM »

What have you tried with the reset button, have you tried to hold it in for 6-12 seconds until the unit flashes "initialize"?  Have you tried to manually boot in EM mode by holding the func/init button while powering on the unit?  Please reply with what you may have tried.

michal_p

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:55:03 AM »

Yes, i've tryed both - nothing changes.

I've manged to run the firmware by connecting laptop directly to the tera station and puting it in the same IP Range.

Also when I put the new firmware on  after its finished (unit restarts) Its coming back with an error about some errors on the aray and it is asking to format. when I click yes  the format is taking forever - i left it like for 6h and nothing happens. When i clik no it says the firmware update was cancelled. There are 4 new HDD's inside.

Cheers

Michael.