Author Topic: Cannot change WORKGROUP  (Read 3882 times)

oldjetdriver

• Calf
Cannot change WORKGROUP
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »

New HS-DH500GL and I cannot change WORKGROUP.  I used the IP address to get to the login screen and was able to set the time to local.  When I type in the desired name in Network:Workgroup Properties and hit Apply I get "Please Wait" Confirming settings and then the Login Screen appears.  After Logging in again the workgroup has not changed.  The new workgroup name is seven letters with the first letter uppercase.  Any suggestions.

Thanks

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Cannot change WORKGROUP
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 09:57:53 AM »
First make sure you are on the latest version of the firmware.

oldjetdriver

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I show firmware 2.10 which is the latest one I can find for the HS-DH500GL.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:32:33 AM »
I would flash the firmware, and set it back to factory defaults.  Step by step directions are on the forums just search force firmware, I have a write up tagged

oldjetdriver

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 07:34:56 PM »

I was getting ready to flash the firmware but installed NAS Navigator before resorting to that.  NAS Navigator found the drive and changed the workgroup. 

Tom

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
Normally, issues with the web administration interface can be solved by resetting the device to defaults: Maintenance->Initialization, then click the Restore button.