Author Topic: can't print thru LS-CHL USB port with WinXP-pro  (Read 1255 times)

WindsurferLA

• Calf
can't print thru LS-CHL USB port with WinXP-pro
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »

Hopefully some progress has made toward resolving this problem since the last post in February 2010.

I have LS-CH1.0TL-2 Buffalo Link Network Storage box which I purchased early in September.2010. I note that in some places it is called "LS-CHL" and in other places the "L" is dropped as in LS-CH1.0TL-2 and in still other places it is called "LS-CHL600."

I'm trying to connect my HP LJ1000 printer to my LAN through the USB port on this Buffalo Link LS-CH1.0TL-2, so it can be shared by all the computers on the network without having to turn on my primary computer. Currently the printer is connected to my prime machine and shared by all other computers on my LAN though that machine without any problems.

When I go to install the printer as a network printer, I instruct WinXP-pro to install the printer "on a network." WinXP automatically finds the connected HP printer (WinXP calls it "lp on LS-CHL600") and has no indigestion when tell it to use the driver that is already on my computer. However, when I go to print a test page, nothings happends. A similar lack of actions happens when I seek to print from a .txt file, but in Windows "Printers and Faxes" window, it shows that the document is ready to be printed.

(I should add that after many installation headaches, the LS-CH1.0TL-2 Buffalo Link Network Storage box is working just fine as a Network storage device. I've also got it to automatically turn on and off as machines that access it turn on and off. . ) Hoever, the light that supposely illuminates the function button has never come on, contrary to the statements in the manual.

I note that there are many Internet posts indicating success in using the LS-CH1.0TL-2 Buffalo Link Network Storage box for network printing. Hopefully a way has been found around those problems. SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: can't print thru LS-CHL USB port with WinXP-pro
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »

If anything you may need PostScript drivers for that printer (which you would have to install upon mapping LP).  If HP doesn't provide PS drivers then I don't think the printer will work.