Author Topic: Buffalo ministation HD--PF320U2 not detected by internet explorer  (Read 1386 times)

ravirawat

• Calf

Hi everyone,

I own a Buffalo ministation HD--PF320U2 (made in Japan model). The problem is it is not getting detected by

internet explorer. I have tried it in Windows 7 on my desktop as well as in Windows XP on my laptop but to no avail. The problem started when my anti virus detected a virus (rootkit.gen) Since then, though the antivirus has deleted the virus (or so i think!) the internet explorer has stopped detecting the Buffalo external hard drive. This is inspite of internet explorer showing that an external storage media has been connected to the computer. But at this point the computer hangs and i have to restart it. No autorun feature is enabled when i plugin the device. The external drive came loaded with memeo backup software.

Need help as the drive contains lots of data.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: Buffalo ministation HD--PF320U2 not detected by internet explorer
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:14:56 AM »

a suggestion would be to try booting the computer up in safe mode, as seeing this will only load the very basic drivers req'd to run a external device.  Even if the drive does not connect there are other options available to recover data, there are various windows based prgms available but please be advised that opening the case voids the warranty.  Another option is professional drive recovery services such as Drive Savers.  Another suggestion would be to try and connect it to a 3rd computer, b/c if you have tried this on 2 already to no avail the unit itself could have the virus

s_muthu

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:38:03 AM »

Dear friend

I too have same problem with my ministation HD-PF320U2 model, despite windows 7 detect it, i am not able to use it as this is not being listed under drives, could not transfer/store any file. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 03:54:18 PM »

Did you try the suggestions in the post previous to yours?