Author Topic: Please please help, with getting webaccess to work on Linkstation Live, wont work over internet  (Read 2385 times)

MrMister111

• Calf

I have a Linkstation Live 1Tb with latest firmware on for webaccess 3. I have followed the instructructions to a tee to try and get webaccess to work. it works fine on the internal network, eg if using my iPhone on wireless at hoe, as son as I try with cellar system (3G) I cant access it.

I have port forwarded on a Dlink DIR635 but nothing.

I am at my wits end now, I've spent so much time trying to get it to work.

please help

thanks

AngelsAbys

• El Toro

Did you assign a specific port in the web access setup?  What port are you using, Buffalo suggests using port 9000.

MrMister111

• Calf

It won't let me auto configure uPnP but I have put 9000 as it's suggested and another port forwarded

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

your port forwarding is either not working ir not setup correctly. contact your router manufacturer.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

franbour

• Calf

Did you try to desable the firewall, if there is any, on your router ?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

yes the firewall in your router can prevent port forwarding from working correctly but either way the issue lies with the router and not the Linkstation.

Once you think it is done correctly go to http://canyouseeme.org and check to see if the port can be seen as open from outside your network. It will not work correctly until this is done.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

MrMister111

• Calf

Thanks for tips I will look at this, but if it does work with router firewall disabled I don't want to leave this off all the time. I will use that website. It is a Dlink DIR635 for info

Unhappy09

• Buffalo

I love the "its not our product" solutions. I have a dlink router also and the only way I got it work is to use the virtual server port opening process and not the port forwarding process. They both accomplish the same thing. To those that are going to reply with "see it is the other product that is the problem". I will reply, I had the same issue with Linksys router before this, which is why I ended up with a dlink. The auto upnp option on the buffalo doesn't work. UPNP works great on all other produts in my network but the linksys does not. As far as trying to get web access to work, I wouldnt rely on it as the sole method of accesing your files why away from your computer. It works less than half the times I need it to work. Also try using a different port, port 4000 seems to work pretty good in my case. Good Luck, if you have any other questions on setting up that router to work let me know. Also, you need to make sure that you dont have a cable/dsl modem that is blocking that port. I have comcast business class internet and it was blocking all ports until I went in there and opened the ports.

MrMister111

• Calf
Yes please, can you show me how to set up the port forwarding or the other thing you mention, as clearly I can't. Thanks

Unhappy09

• Buffalo

The virtual server settings on a Dlink router are as follows:

-Sign in to your routers web configuration

-Go to the Advanced Tab on top

-On the left choose virtual server

-click on on of the Virtual sever entry locations in the middle of the page

-Enter all the necesary information like port #, the ip address fo the linkstatin and ext.

If  you need more help with this let me know. Thanks

MrMister111

• Calf
Yeh I an see the virtual server, which do I put in which though in regard toPublic and private? And also on the port forward what do I put? I don't understand which numbers to put in the UDP and TCP, and lastly which numers do I put in where on the webaccess on the NAS? If you can give mr an example of all please. Also why do I have to use the virtual server and not just the port forward', is it just my router type? Thanks for helping by the way

Unhappy09

• Buffalo

I honestly dont thing its your router type that is the problem. I have 3 other things that use port forwarding and they work fine, of course the linkstation doesn't. I have my gripes about the linkstation, but this is not the time or place.

Public: 7000

Protocol: Both

Private: 7000

Schedule: Always

When you select both, it will enter 257 underneath it, this is ok.

Inbound filter: Allow All

IP Address: the ip address of  your linkstation (192.168.1.xxx)

Save and you should be ready.