Author Topic: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue  (Read 46890 times)

daveyd90

• Calf
Re: UPDATE: Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2012, 12:37:38 PM »

Hi - I purchased the same product (Linkstation Duo LS-WXL) a week ago.  Since buying it I constantly receive the error message "

While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing Internet connection."

I click the "Update DTCP-IP" and always receive the same message..."While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing Internet connection."

I have restored - rebooted - gone back to old firmware - gone back to new firmware - booted into EM mode and done all of this - disabled DNLA - etc etc.  Nothing stops these messages? 

I have now arranged a swapout unit from Buffalo as I still haven't put anything onto the unit as I didn't see the point until I stop receiving error messages.

But - I fear, having read all of these messages, that I will probably have the same issue on the replacement unit.

Is there anyone out there with any advice on this at all????

sgjwright

• Calf
Re: UPDATE: Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:01 AM »

I am having a similar issue and can not seem to find the Media Server.

I have a Buffalo Duo 4TB, the media server was working fine accessed by PS3 and Airplayer.  I was able to access video, photos and music. I had all my docs within 3 shares, Video, Photo & Music. The last week the media server was not found on PS3

I accessed the Web Prog for the device and had the following message when I access Media Server option:

"While firmware updating, Media server update cannot be updated completly. Please click update DTCP-IP after establishing internet connection".

This I eventually resolved but then I needed to select a 'Public folder' for the Media Server, it would  not allow me to access all shares. I have created a generic 'media' share and move all docs into this under different folders. This generic share I have selected as the public folder.

I have restarted the media server, performed a refresh of the media libarary . I now see the media server but not any of the documents within the share.

I have not performed any firmware updates recently, I am on the latest firmware version. Something has happened recently tocause this.

is this related to the DTCP-IP issue?