Author Topic: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue  (Read 47048 times)

chankartat

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »

I didn't get that error before.

Suggest you do a force firmware upgrade to v1.40 (refer FAQ 2).

Also suggest you assign a static-ip to your linkstation instead of dynamic from dhcp.

SM73i

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »

This worked a treat. Thanks!!

SM73i

• Calf
UPDATE: Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »

CORRECTION - All is not quite right still:smileymad:

Still got 2 problems:

1. I can't see 90% of my media files on any DNLA device

2. I can't access the Squeezebox web interface

**UPDATE** Issue 1 seems to have resolved itself - I think Squeezebox is just slower than Twonky at refreshing the available file list. This morning when I checked all of them appeared there. Still cant access the web interface though :(

marcello

• Calf
Re: UPDATE: Re: Linkstation Duo LS-WXL media server issue
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2011, 07:14:08 AM »

Sqeezebox access not working here either. Even it should be accessible through the operating interface of the NAS. Is it really so that the Twonky Media server is replaced with the Squeezebox. Or is it just addition to enable only music streaming for Logitech Squeezebox devices etc.?

MafiaMan

• Calf
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »

SM73i wrote:

CORRECTION - All is not quite right still:smileymad:

Still got 2 problems:

1. I can't see 90% of my media files on any DNLA device

2. I can't access the Squeezebox web interface

**UPDATE** Issue 1 seems to have resolved itself - I think Squeezebox is just slower than Twonky at refreshing the available file list. This morning when I checked all of them appeared there. Still cant access the web interface though :(

I have same no.1 problem as you .  With 1.34fw everything worked for me . When i'm browsing "by folder" i always see the same file in any folder i open . I don't see reason why they had to complicate things like this .

jamitupya

• Calf
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2011, 03:27:53 AM »

mmm...1.4 is a tad bit slow on the uptake isnt it.... i get nothing but unknown format when trying to play anything on my ps3.... backwards from my old linkstation...

:S  

oh well, likely back to shop with it....i dont need storage, i need a central media server for ps3

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2011, 10:36:53 AM »

I'm running 1.37 and my ps3 sees it just fine. Last I checked my ps3 was on firmware 3.55 or something close to that. It works great. I have the latest media server firmware which is 1.40. I have my media server set to a share folder with no access restrictions. I have no special settings set in my two routers (using a WZR-HP-G300NH as root with buffalo wired to access point WHR-HP-G300N). I have not tried 1.40 yet. Are you trying to access the files on the ps3 under the appropriate SMB menu, like videos for videos and such? It should appear as one of the media servers with a picture of your actual buffalo device. The ps3 even sees my WZR-HP-G300NH media server and connects to that just fine. My NAT type on my ps3 is NAT type 3. 

RichJ

• Calf
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »

I have had a problem with my media server with all firmware versions since 1.34 and including 1.40. Although my Sony TV can see the media server no new content is added. I have set the media server to update the content at various intervals but this seems to make no difference.

My media folder has security applied. Could this be the problem?

I also seem not to be able to access the sqeezbox setup on the web interface.

Can anyone help with these issues?

jamitupya

• Calf
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2011, 10:48:17 PM »

Hi Jotin,

i have nearly the same setup, but i have the 301NH, my PS3 is latest version 3.55. I have a 1TB linkstation with fw1.10 and it runs MOST media to my PS3 without issues.... this new one doesn't run ANY of the media.... it lists it all fine, can navigate perfectly, just either unsupported or corrupted... obviously this is a firmware issue.

this isn't my first bbq so im a bit iffy on the new buffalo products. i called loca support in Japan and they said it supports standard formats and there are no known issues...obviously incorrect given the amount of blog posts on the japanese web about this.

curious, thanks anyway, will keep tinkering

Edit: I also cant seem to access the squeezebox setup web.

marcello

• Calf
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2011, 03:33:58 AM »

Has anybody solved the problem that the squeezebox can not be accessed? This seems to be an issue of other buffalo products too with firmware version 1.40. Fix this Buffalo!!!

yoshi2000

• Calf
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2011, 10:44:33 AM »

Finally got hold of the firmware 1.40, update it from 1.37. Same problem.

The firmware update was successfull but after enabling the media server, the message keeps coming up 'While firmware updating, media server update cannot be updated completely. Please clik 'Update DTCP-IP' button after establishing internet connection".

I have tried several times updating DTCP-IP (disabling media server first, otherwise it will take forever). It always said "The operation was successfully completed". The DTCP-IP version shows 1.40-20101129) .But when enabling the media server, the same message pops out asking to update DTCP-IP.

Is there any resolution to this? I've been waiting from firmware to firmware. Without the DTCP-IP, my itunes shared folder will not show.

ahvanderboon

• Calf
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »

Hi,

What seemed to have done the trick for me is to:

1. disable the media server
  2. update DTCP-IP
  3. enable the media server

I did have a couple of times that after enabling the media server again, DTCP-IP was lost again. So perhaps it requires some patients between the steps 2 and 3 and maybe even a reboot before re-enabling the media server (honoustly cannot remember, this was in FEB). But eventually DTCP-IP stayed on.

doobre

• Tatanka
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2011, 06:36:19 AM »
I have two buffalo LS-WX4.0L.. the first baought in 2010 which is firware 1.34

I have two Buffalo LS-WX4.0L. one is fine the other not so

#1 bought in july 2010 is now firmware v1.54 (v1.34 was the same problem)

#2 bought in august 2011 firmware 1.54 and it works fine with all functions and has done since I plugged it in.. no need to change any settings just update the firmware from 1.41 to 1.54 and enable the media server, update the DTCP and go....

BUT #1 has always shown the message about DTCP is not updated completely (same message as the others reported here) please make sure it is connected to the internet and click update again. I do and It says "downloading" then "rebooting" for 10-15 minutes and finally says it could not update completely.

However all the functions I need are working.. Upnp and the DLNA can be seen from the network and play okay.. DLNA is very slow so I use only Upnp only.. Mind you I have no protected DRM stuff anyway...

but the nagging message is always there to show it is not all happy..

BUFFALO PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE WITH THE MEDIA SERVER DTCP AND WE WILL ALL BE HAPPY LITTLE BUFFALO'S...

user of 3x LS-WXL, 1xLS220D but not that impressed with the reliability of the Seagate disks they use...

yoshi2000

• Calf
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »

This is an old thread. I have 2 LS-WXL with these issues.

One unit, I reflashed the firmware and deleting all data before it worked.

The other, I simply disabled the media server before updating the DTCP-IP. After the upgrade is completed, enable back the media server.

Hope it helps.

jtu100

• Calf
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »

Dear all,

I met following problem on my Linkstatio?n Duo LS-WXL system:

- After saving some tens thousand files (music and photos) I could not any more see my latest photos by TV (Sony) nor play new music anymore. All older photos I could see and play older music files. For example after saving new photos I only could see one and only same photo on all new folders.

I had old firmware (1.34).

I found here at Tech Forum there were similar cases for other users. So I decided to update newest available FW (1.56).

Update went fine, no errors, no warnings, but still I see that Media Server has still old version (DTCP-IP:1.40-20110204).. and still I have same issue as was before FW update:

- Cannot display any newly saved photos nor cannot play newly saved music.

I tried many actions to have Media Server updated:

- Rebooted whole Linkstation, restarted Media Server, disabled DLNA server, enabled DLNA server, clicked 'Update DTCP-IP' -button and did them in several orders -- no help. Now I'm a bit desparate.. cannot use my Media Server as it should serve me:

- Display me my all also new photos and play music - so also newest ones.. now couple thousand newest photos are invisible...

What could I do more, please help?

Best regards,

- Jari -