Author Topic: Windows 7 wireless connection is dropped when backing up to Linkstation  (Read 1225 times)

mickleyd

• Calf

My windows 7 laptop is dropping the wireless connection when I try to backup to the Linkstation.  I have listed my configuration and what I have tried below.  I have not problem seeing the NAS share or the files already on it.  If I spend too much time browsing the directory, or copy files I will loose the wireless connection.

PC

Dell Studio XPS 1645

Bios A11

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

NAS

Buffalo Linkstation LS-W2.0TGL/R1

Firmware: 3.09

Wireless Router

Netgear WGT624v2

• I am using Allways Sync to backup from my laptop to the NAS.  I can also repeat the issue if I just copy the files directly so it is not the application.
  • It works on the Windows 7 PC if I plug in the network cable.  It will backup and no lossed connection.
  • It will work wirelessly from a Windows XP laptop without dropping the connection.
  • I have tried XP Mode on the Windows 7 PC with no luck.
  • I have updated the PC to the latest bios and I beleive the Linkstation is on the latest version as well.

I am not sure what else to try.  The it is very convient to have it automatically backup wirelessly, I don't want to have to hook it up everytime I want to backup the laptop.

Buffalinda

• Calf
Re: Windows 7 wireless connection is dropped when backing up to Linkstation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:58:14 AM »

It looks like an issue with the Wireless network from the Netwgear router though. I would check with them as the NAS cannot cause this issue.