Author Topic: ( CH500L ) Bittorent remote accessible to anyone without password.  (Read 2899 times)

iBuffalo

• Calf
( CH500L ) Bittorent remote accessible to anyone without password.
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »

I cant find a place to guard it with a password, people can now enter m.y.-.i.p:8080 and add or remove torrents. I disabled webaccess but that aint helping.

Besides that little thing im really impressed with this thing, works great.

firmware 1.07

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: ( CH500L ) Bittorent remote accessible to anyone without password.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:48:59 AM »

this option is only available on the V2 Linkstations.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

iBuffalo

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:58:07 AM »

So i can't disable people accessing my bittorrent page?

I find that rather strange that people can see, change, and download what i download with bittorrent, no privacy whatsoever.

This can't be true...

Btw i think that i havn't got a v1, mine looks like v3, my outercase with off / on / auto switch on the back.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:03:02 AM »

yes you can disable it in the web admin page, you are using FW 1.07 so you have a version 1

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

iBuffalo

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 07:38:26 AM »

Webaccess settings wont do anything for the bittorrent page, i disabled that in the beginning but the bittorrentpage is stil accessible from other outside ip's.

I can block it in the router but i liked the idea of adding torrents at my family's house and such but i guess that is out of the question if i cant protect the page with password.

Now i'm seeking where the html layout is located of the bittorrent page, so i can alter i few things, like remove the file list so people can't download them, hide add / remove torrents in such a way i only know where the buttons are.

Or just simple add a .htaccess system as others mention.

The problem is i can't find the place where that bittorrent page is located, i guess its hidden somehow, can u give me some hints ? I don't care for warrenty issues because i have no warrenty on my product.

But the strangest thing of all is that customers have to do this, its a major flaw in the system and easy fixed but buffalo staff don't do anything, whats that all about ? This issue is already reported in 2008, and buffalo team said they were working on a fix, where is it ?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »

the issue was resolved. The V2 Linkstation live have the option to put a password on the bit torrent manager, your V1 has been discontinued and i dont think this update will be included. Fact of the matter is that the units bit torrent client is not ment to be accessed from the WAN, only the LAN.

iBuffalo

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:02:55 AM »

Ok fair enough, didn't know it wasn't meant to go through WAN.

Is the v1 discontinued in support ? Is it that old ? Looks so new to me. (bought it 2nd hand)

Anyway, thanks for the reply's and help.

Topolaccio

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:10:17 AM »

davo wrote:

your V1 has been discontinued and i dont think this update will be included.

how nice?!? Has the V1 LS-CHL really been discontinued?!? I've bought it (new, from a store) less than two years ago!!!

Won't be released new firmwares and new functions?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 07:27:52 AM »

Topolaccio wrote:

davo wrote:

your V1 has been discontinued and i dont think this update will be included.

how nice?!? Has the V1 LS-CHL really been discontinued?!? I've bought it (new, from a store) less than two years ago!!!

Won't be released new firmwares and new functions?

doubtful, it has been superseeded by the LS-CHL V2.