Author Topic: Is it me being stupid? How to backup?  (Read 1453 times)

DMcCabe

• Calf
Is it me being stupid? How to backup?
« on: September 02, 2010, 02:20:43 PM »

I have a linkstation Live 2 (ls-ch2.0tl)

I have attached a usb disk to the USB port and am trying to set a backup to run from the Linkstation to the USB disk, but I cannot get it working.

backyup

All I see is in the backup screen is Status: Error

I cannot seem to find any info on how to setup a backup, I also cant find any more detailed error logs

What am I doing wrong?

DMcCabe

• Calf
Re: Is it me being stupid? How to backup?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »

Also I just tried formatting the USB disk twice and each time as it is trying the load the progress I get told my session has expired and I must re-login.

when I do my usb disk no longer appears in the folders windows and in the system>storage window, it shows no more info on the disk other than the make/model.  

No disk space info or file format etc

I have been choosing XFS as the file system

DMcCabe

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »

Any chance of an answer?

asbr

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:55:24 AM »

I have a Linkstation Live (HS-DHGL F/W 2.21) which I have frequently backed up to a USB hard disc attached to the Linkstation's USB port.

My firmware must be different to yours, since it looks nothing like your screenshot, so I am reluctant to offer advice but, since no one else is replying, I will try.

I suggest you try a different backup mode to "Normal". I used 'Overwrite backup (Append backup)'. There is a good post describing the meaning of the different backup types at this link:

(I have had to remove the link since otherwise the forum would not accept this post. However it was written by 'Paul' in answer to a thread about "LinkStation Pro Duo Backup / Rsync" in 2008, so I hope you can find it)

I also used to select "Create a file folder which would be identified by backup source", which I take it is equivalent to "Create target folder for backup" in your firmware. Also if you select "Create backup log file" a log file will be created in the folder that is being backed up.

Hope this is some help, or that you solved your problems by yourself without help.