Author Topic: Anyone upgraded their Terastation Live to 8TB( 2TB X 4 drives) ?  (Read 1679 times)

miogpsrocks

• Calf
Anyone upgraded their Terastation Live to 8TB( 2TB X 4 drives) ?
« on: September 02, 2010, 02:27:40 AM »

Hello.

Every once in a while I check here to see if anyone has taken the plunge and tried to upgrade their Terastation to 8TB using 2TB x 4 drives?

Currently, I have upgraded mine to 6TB using 1.5TB drives.

Please let me know if anyone had ever successfully used 2TB drives or know for sure that it won't work?

Thanks for your help.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Anyone upgraded their Terastation Live to 8TB( 2TB X 4 drives) ?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:51:27 AM »

I have never tested 8 TB before.  The highest I have gone is 4 TB.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »

This is officially not supported, and from tech specs the units were not meant to handle drives of that size.  There have been persons on the the forums that have reported success with this method, also there were persons that this did not work.  So there is no definitive answer to whether it will or will not work outside of the fact that it is not supported and the hardware was not made for this.

miogpsrocks

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 12:06:30 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to remember the type of drives used for the ones recorded success or do you happen to have a link to these post?

Thanks so much for your help.

Have a great day !

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 06:13:53 AM »

No, I don't remember, I think they were standard seagate or WD.  The brand shouldn't really matter as long as the speed is the same and the drives don't have any sort of spin down feature.  As the last mod stated, none of this is officially supported and you do so at your own risk.