Author Topic: Sharing Up Link Station back-up between Mac and PC  (Read 3272 times)

cjpatel

• Calf
Sharing Up Link Station back-up between Mac and PC
« on: December 07, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »

Problem: When NAS Nav2 is installed on my Mac, it does NOT find the Link Station drive when it Scans Drive.

BackGround: I have DeskTop PC and DeskTop iMac and MacBook. Connectivity to Link Station is physically connected via Ethernet RJ45 off a T-Mobile at-home wireless router (really a LinkSys - Cisco router). PC recognizes the LS and back-up to Share volume on LS is working fine.

Both Mac's are also connected to this same router. I can discover the Link Station when I execute "Connect to Server" with IP Addr of the LS and I can see all the folders I created on LS from my PC.

So how does I make NAS Nav2 recognize the LS on Mac installation?

Secondary question - since I will be backing up multiple computers PC and Mac's how can I tell Memeo to back-up to specific folder? Are there better alternatives for back-up and restore other than memeo?

marvin

• Calf
Re: Sharing Up Link Station backup between Mac and PC
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:47:53 AM »

The software is not needed, however if you want you can down load the Nas navigator for Mac on buffalotech.com.

I would map the Macs like this (go --> connect to --> server --> SMB : //IP OF NAS/) do not put a space between SMB and the //.

As for Memeo, you can point it to a folder when setting memeo up for the first time, however Memeo is not required.   You can use any  backup software that choose, buffalo just uses memeo for its  easy installation.