Author Topic: User "Admin" deleted  (Read 1882 times)

kbert

• Calf
User "Admin" deleted
« on: August 30, 2010, 03:25:09 AM »

Hi there!

I've got a major problem:

Accidentally removed the user "admin" in the web-config-page (though I thought that should not be possible), but it happend while meddling with User/Groups

I've got a LS-xhl 

Now the web interface is accessible only as "guest"/<no-password> with no option to change anything. Admin/Password (which I didn't change) ist not working anymore. Can't access via afp to rescue my data. It's weird but guest is assigned to the user-id 20 (which should be admin i thought.

I tried the recovery mode but the ls-xhl didn't reset to admin/password

I tried to Flash the firmware but it asks for a password which is gone along with the user so, cat and tail and biting itself again (to recover admin you have to login as admin, that should become difficult) 

Any help would be appreciated

Kbert

BTW: DLNA Clients can access the mediafiles, so the XHL boots correctly, NasNav sees the LS but can't access it or even change the config.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: User "Admin" deleted
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:21:34 AM »

Please perform a Forced FW Update and choose to reset the user config settings.  If it does not take you may need to try booting into EM Mode prior to forcing the firmware, but this will add the Admin acct back but delete any others that were created

kbert

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:51:19 AM »

I tried this a hundred times according to your "how to get into em-mode" tutorial

After rebooting there is a orange led blinking (2times long, three times short, meaning network initialization) and then there is the constant blue light.

LSUpdater still asking for the admin password which is I don't have. It says that the current IP is 169.254.12.147, Netmask 255.255.0.0

Thanks,

kbert

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:51:03 PM »

You might need to try a TFTP boot and then force update the firmware immediately after with the 'Delete user config' option in the Debug settings enabled.

kbert

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 04:29:56 AM »

Tried to get into tftp according to your tutorial but LS won't get into recovery-mode. LS is blinking orange (2 x long, 3 x short) and then constant blue. During that boot sequence tftp is running and listening on 192.168.11.1:69 / 127.0.0.1:69. Nothing happens. Maybe you need a actual red error code to force the LS to cry for help on 192.168.11.1

PS: Network setup for tftp:

WInxp on static IP 192.168.11.1, 255.255.0.0 (also tried 255.255.255.0) <-> Switch (tried direct connection as well) <-> LS-XHL