Author Topic: Linkstation Gigabit or HS-DGL - in EM Mode and not able to update firmware  (Read 6465 times)

racerj67

• Calf

Hi Folks,

My Linkstation Gigabit went into EM Mode some time ago. I'm hoping a  firmware  update will fix it. Fingers Crossed.

- I've direct connected it to my laptop running Vista SP1. I've set my static IP  address to  192.168.11.10. I have checked in Nas Navigator and it shows the device with the 192.168.11.150 IP  address. As well as the mouse over dialog box " EM mode was detected. Updated your firmware or contact your local technical support".

- I've downloaded the firmware updated for linkstation gigabit v1.61

- I've set permissions on my windows  firewall to allow HD-HGLan FWUpdate.exe through. ( group policy does not allow me to turn off firewall)

- I run the executable and I get a "Linkstation not connected error" message.

How can I  update firmware?

- Is it the firewall?

- Am I using the wrong updater?

Please  advise.

Thanks,

Joe

Message Edited by racerj67 on 12-07-2008 04:10 PM

marvin

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Gigabit or HS-DGL - in EM Mode and not able to update firmware
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
   Disable all anti virus and firewall software.  Then try to run the updater again.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »

Try updating it from a personal computer, that is, one on which you have full admin rights. As marvin suggested, disable firewalls and antivirus, and you may also need to force the firmware flash. To do this, create a shortcut to the updater, right click on the shortcut, select properties, and add " /force" at the end of the "Target" field, for example:

Target: "C:\Documents and Settings\HD-HGLan FWUpdate.exe" /force

Also, make sure the model number of the product matches the firmware file you downloaded.

racerj67

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:10:09 AM »

So 2 questions.

on the bottom  of my machine is HS-DH320GL. I've downloaded  what seemed to be two different Updater(s)

- HD-HGlan 161 and

- HD-HGlan-us 163

Unclear which one goes with this device. Any thoughts?

Also What are the consequences of forcing a firmware  update? Will it delete the data?

Joe

racerj67

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 01:33:11 AM »

OK. I'm getting closer. I've identified that I had the wrong updater. I  have now the HS-DHGL_210_001_US. Which corresponds to my model #HS-DH320GL

I'm  directly connected to my linkstation with network cable. Confirmed the IP addresses. 

I have local admin rights on my machine.

I've disabled windows firewall and windows defender and etrust

Updater runs and then I get a new dialogue " Couldn't confirm response from HS-DHGL-EM132 please check network address of both PC and HS-DHGL-EM132. Please disable firewall if it is working. Updating is aborted"

Any thoughts?

Joe

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
What are the IP address of both units?   They have to be on the same subnet.  The Buffalo unit will default to 192.168.11.150 so you should set a static IP on your PC to 192.168.11.10 to run the firmware update.

elcioabe

• Calf
   Hello everybody. Well, I'm new here and I have the same trouble with my LS-W1.0TGL/R1. I´ve tried all steps in this post, but I could't fix the problem. My NAS navigator don't see the default IP ( 192.168.11.150 ). It just see my old fix IP ( 192.168.0.5 ) that I used in my ethernet. So, also I can't update the firmware. The NAS Navigator show me the my LS is in EM Mode. Please, what can I do to fix it? I hope somebody help me. Thank you.

JJ

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »

I am having very similar troubles - and would appreciate any help if there is anybody out there who feels up to a challenge!

I have a HS-DHGL Series (HS-DH500GL) which is 1 month old, was working, but has gone into EM mode for no known reason.

This is my setup:-

• I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.
  • Firewall off (by stopping the Windows Firewall service) and all anti-virus protection etc also disabled.
  • Connected via cross over cable (and also tried normal cable)
  • Static IPv4 address of 192.168.1.10 and 255.255.255.0
  • NASNavigator 2 ver 2.11
  • IP address of hard disk reported as 192.168.11.150 and 255.255.255.0
  • HS-DHGL Updater is Ver 2.10, and also sees the Linkstation.
  • Debug mode is on, and I have tried forcing the update (to no avail)

When I try to update the Linkstation the message reads:-

Couldn't confirm a response from HS-DHGL-EM004.

please check a network address of both PC and HS-DHGL-EM004

Please disable the Firewall function if it is working on PC.

Updating is aborted.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what I can try next?

Does anybody know what the EM004 indicates (has it been in EM mode 3 times before??

Thanks,

Jonathan