Author Topic: Linkstation advertised as running with Mac OS but which computer?  (Read 1196 times)

douglas_goodall

• Calf
Linkstation advertised as running with Mac OS but which computer?
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »

I purchased a 2TB linkstation with USB 3.0 interface, and the specifications stated it was compatible with Mac OS X.  When I asked tech support which Apple computer had been tested with the drive, they were unable to specify a particular set of hardware that was known to work.

It seems to me that someone at Buffalo has an opinion that it should work, but in fact it has never actually been tested. I bought the Buffalo Express CARD/34 3.0 adapter, thinking it would work with the Linkstation, only to be told by tech support that I had not properly researched the purchase. Yes in fact the specs for the express card do not include Mac OS X, but it is easy to see why I might have thought so.

If the USB 3.0 Linkstation has never actually been tested with a Mac, I think claiming it is compatible is a reach, and that verbage should be removed from the advertising until such time as it is actually seen working.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation advertised as running with Mac OS but which computer?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 09:10:30 AM »

there is no linkstation with USB 3.0, post the model number of your device and post it in the correct forum.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation advertised as running with Mac OS but which computer?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »

Linkstations do not connect to the back of any computer via USB.

The drivestation that is USB3.0/2.0 compliant, works with Mac OS 10.4 and above, with USB2.0

Macs do not have support for USB3.0 at this point in time (no drivers/no connectors)