Author Topic: Private trackers with firmware 1.34  (Read 1941 times)

echo34

• Calf
Private trackers with firmware 1.34
« on: August 23, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »

How come my torrents from private trackers such as d******d and others wont download with the new utorrent gui?

Cab buffalo pull their finger out and actually produce software that does what it says on the tin?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Private trackers with firmware 1.34
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:04:05 PM »

I'm sorry but now you've got me pulling on the forum rules.  We are Buffalo USA not UK as opposed to popular belief.  We offer assistance to other regions as a courtesy.  I can forward a problem to the UK team if you so wish but I would need more information to build off of and furthermore have it delivered in a courteous manner.

You and any user of your User Name must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any Content. Buffalo Technology shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove Content that is deemed in Buffalo Technology's sole discretion harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of this Agreement or any rules Buffalo Technology has in place at the time. Buffalo Technology may elect at its sole discretion to monitor some, all, or no areas of Buffalo Technology discussion forums for adherence to this Agreement or Buffalo Technology's rules.

echo34

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:09:03 PM »

Woah kimosabi, i'm trying to get your little box to work here..

Is there a uk forum? if not why not? and surely i'm not the only person on here with a private tracker account.

You global types needs global support you know.

echo34

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »

And another thing, you sell your product here in the uk, why am i a courtesy trigger as opposed to a normal customer, i paid for your product.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »

A UK bought product is not our product is what I'm saying.  Read here for more info.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »

echo34 wrote:

Cab buffalo pull their finger out and actually produce software that does what it says on the tin?

Where does it mention anywhere anything about private trackers?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »

Buffalotech USA does not sell product in the UK.

Please contact your local UK support team and ask for support, and ask them to start a forum.

cessna1466u

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »

Post deleted due to incorrect information and counter productivity.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »

Here's the answer so:

private trackers don't work, won't work, have never been advertised that they will work and there are no plans to make them work.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

bnbt

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

Private trackers are private because they restrict who can use them.  Often there is a white list of accepted clients.   The BitTorrent clients (including the one on linkstation) don't make any distinction wrt private or public tracker.  It's up to the private tracker site admins to allow a specific client.

lucky

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »

Hello, You're perfectly wright about that whitelist. But in order to be allowed on some trackers, we need to have the peer id of the torrent client. I have the previous firmware on my LS CHL 1TB v2 and I have asked here several times for the peer id of the new utorrent client, but no complete answer. Now I intend to upgrade to this new firmware 1.34, can I have the peer id? Thanks