Author Topic: LS-CH1.0TL LinkStation Live 1TB can't bootup drive on startup on Mac OS X 10.4  (Read 2540 times)

cyberpunkstudio

• Calf

I just got the LS-CH1.0TL LinkStation Live 1TB on my MacBook OS X 10.4 the drive doesn't mount on bootup I have to connect to it manually everytime using the software provided by Buffalo.

I can't seem to make it mount on bootup I even tried adding it on the Login Items under Preferences. I have read it is because the NAS is a Dynamic drive and that it will only work when you actively connect to it then it will respond otherwise it wont connect on startup.

Is there a work around this? How do I make this drive Static? Do I need to assign it a static IP Address? As its currently using DHCP.  When you connect to it, it goes to Network/drive_name but I want it to be Static so you can access it immediately on the network: Network/Servers

Do I need to assign users and passwords to connect to a Static one? Also it is using SMB to connect to the NAS is that OK or is it best to use another protocol?

Hope you can help.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro

you can assign a static address within the unit itself.  As for auto mounting OSX will not do this without creating something like a termail file like a MS batch file to have it auto search and connect on startup

cyberpunkstudio

• Calf

I have just assigned it a Static IP Address. But I am still having the problem of having to actively connecting the drive everytime on bootup. Even on the PC. It seems to only wake up when you connect to it with Buffalo NAS Navigator, which is annoying. Is there any way so that Buffalo will always be active?

On the Mac I want to be able to go to Network and it will appear as a Server and ready rather than having to actively connect to it to wake up.

Any solutions? Or is this just the way for this NAS? Is there any other NAS that is better?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

cyberpunkstudio wrote:

On the Mac I want to be able to go to Network and it will appear as a Server and ready rather than having to actively connect to it to wake up.

move the switch to "ON" as aposed to "AUTO" and set the sleep timer on the interface to power down at certain times.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!