Author Topic: TS PRO says 'lost boot image' cannot reflash  (Read 4209 times)

casper_frestyl

• Calf
TS PRO says 'lost boot image' cannot reflash
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:29:35 PM »

I have a TS-RH4.0TGL/R5 TeraStation Pro.  The 4th hard drive failed awhile ago.

I pulled the drive and replaced it.  I couldn't access the browser management to repair the RAID.  I tried to reflash the TS with the curent firmware and that failed.  Now I'm getting a message that says 'TFTP Mode E06 Lost boot image'  I ran the TFTP boot.exe and it started loading the firmware.  The app loaded two different files but on the second file it would just pause.

This is the last two lines on TFTP Boot.exe:

Client 192.168.11.150:1694 C:\Documents and Settings\jjohnson\Desktop\TFTP Boot
Recovery\uImage.buffalo, 3593 Blocks Served
Client 192.168.11.150:1482 C:\Documents and Settings\jjohnson\Desktop\TFTP Boot
Recovery\initrd.buffalo, 9775 Blocks Served

The TS looked like it was fixed; the red lights shut off and it displayed 'Emergency Mode No Array Info'.

I left it like this for awhile but nothing changed. I tried to access via the web browser but nothing. I can see it with the NAS Navigator but I don't have any options to change of format anything.

Assuming it either failed or finished I restarted but the message 'TFTP Mode E06 Lost boot image' popped up again.  I tried this several times with the same results.  

Message Edited by casper_frestyl on 12-03-2008 12:39 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: TS PRO says 'lost boot image' cannot reflash
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:56:17 AM »

Try to remove the hard drive and see if it can boot.  Try one drive at a time, mostlikey its one drive that has the bad boot sector on it.  

casper_frestyl

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »
   Well I called tech support, we spent an hour trying to fix the issue with no luck.  It's a RMA now. 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »
When trying this method, after the two "Client" lines show up, wait about a minute, then try the firmware updater again.