Author Topic: 1TB Drivestation HD-CEU2_101 With Ellion HMR-700A  (Read 2146 times)

paulh0202

• Calf
1TB Drivestation HD-CEU2_101 With Ellion HMR-700A
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »

I use the drivestation to store files for use with the Ellion HMR-700A media player. If I connect the drive to my Windows 7 PC and then re-connect it to the Ellion unit it causes the Ellion unit to freeze. I can still see and use all the data on the PC but it simply won't work with the Ellion unit unless I reformat the drive and copyh the files back on to it using Win XP. If I boot the PC in Win XP it doesn't seem to be a problem. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here and whether I can adjust the Drivestation so either this doesn't happen or so I can do a repair without having to reformat the drive and copy all the data back on it from a backup?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: 1TB Drivestation HD-CEU2_101 With Ellion HMR-700A
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 05:22:44 PM »

When you format the device in XP what is it being formatted to?  I'm seeing the Ellion unit records to UDF but is able to read FAT32 or NTFS partitions which are both (FAT32 and NTFS) readable by XP and Windows 7.

paulh0202

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 06:42:19 PM »

Drivestation is formatted to NTFS.

I've a partition that the Ellion creates as you say for recording (UDF - don't know much about these) and the rest of the drive within the Ellion unit is partitioned to FAT32 for the purpose of transferring any recordings I want to retain.

I think the Ellion offered me a choice of a third partition (eg NTFS) when I originally formmated it via the menu on the unit  but I just opted to format the entire remaining space to FAT32 for the purpose of the transfers. I might try copying the files off the Ellion and reformatting it.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 01:05:15 PM »

Our NAS units have the ability to read NTFS but not write to it.  I can't help but wonder if this Ellion is akin to that scenario.