Author Topic: PC won't connect to Linkstation unless I'm logged in  (Read 1181 times)

ginerjm

• Calf
PC won't connect to Linkstation unless I'm logged in
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:45:26 AM »

I have a PC running XP Sp3 plus a Linkstation EZ (LS-CL F/W 1.06) with 1tb drive in it.  PC is running wirelessly and LS is plugged into my home router.  I don't have any network issues that I know of - can connect my ipad to it, friend's laptops, etc.  I can use my LS all the time when I'm logged onto my laptop.  The problem is that when I close my laptop and it goes into hibernate mode (?) my Task scheduler does a wake up of the unit when it needs to do a task (such as my PC backup), the pc apparently can no longer connect to my N: drive (my Linkstation) to store the backup file.  This was not always like this - it started happening a couple of months ago.  Prior to then, my nightly backups ran just fine whether I was using the pc at the time or if it was left alone and in sleep/hibernate mode.

Has anyone else run into this?  I have contacted tech supp but am not getting anywhere with them as they give me suggestions (which I have followed) and then forget about me and don't do any follow up with the results I send back to them.

I have no access restrictions which I was asked to check.  I have 3 users configured on the LS - the "admin","guest" and myself - which is the same id and pswd that I use on my laptop and for my scheduled tasks.    On my PC - my N: drive properties show the following under the Advanced settings of the Security tab:

Allow    root (Unix User\root)      Full Control     <not inherited>     This folder only

Allow    root (Unix Group\root)    Full Control     <not inherited>     This folder only

Allow    Everyone                          Full Control     <not inherited>     This folder only

I cannot add my normal userid to this list - the system refuses to update the settings for the LS.  I suspect that is my problem.  I really don't want the "Everyone" id to have full control, but I can't get any other ID onto the props for the LS box.  Yes - I am the administrator for my laptop and actually do think I know what I am doing, but I'm stumped by this - ESPECIALLY since it was working fine for the last 2 years!

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: PC won't connect to Linkstation unless I'm logged in
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »

Tech support didn't happen to suggest updating the firmware did they?