Author Topic: 2 Drives down HS-DH 1.0 TGL/R5  (Read 1524 times)

patdundee

• Calf
2 Drives down HS-DH 1.0 TGL/R5
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:19:48 AM »

Hi guys

I am trying to help a friend remotely with the above terastation. There are 2 issues

System has 4 x 250GB drives (Not sure what raid system is running on this)

1) Kernal failure at start up

2) Drive 3 is damaged

Initial start up when stuck with the kernel issue the system could not be seen or pinged

After removing drive 1 the system started up and could be pinged but shared folders could not be accessed.

It was advised to do a FW upgrade which was attempted. The system hung in FW update mode all night.

Have rebooted the system this morning and the 3 remaining drives are all showing a green light, put there is no response from the system on ping.

I have got them to connect the terastation to the system direct via the network and there is still no ping from it.

I have advised them to get a replacement drive for bay 1 and I will be getting them to put that in before we restart the system again

Q) How can I get access to the terastation if there is no response on the network or even when connected direct to the system

Making things trickier is the fact that there is no monitor attached to the storage system.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: 2 Drives down HS-DH 1.0 TGL/R5
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:17:15 AM »

You want to set a static ip address on your network card to match the units default network. Set the ip on your computer to 192.168.11.2 and then try to ping 192.168.11.150. Also you may want to try the frequently asked questions of the force firmware procedure and even the tftp boot to try and fix this issue.