Author Topic: iTunes can see and browse all the music files but wont play (ls-chl)  (Read 4789 times)

mutejute

• Calf

i dont know what i did but itunes was working the first time i used it. now, it can still see my linkstation and can browse all the music files but when i click play, nothing happens. in the itunes display, the music is selected plus all the id3 info (music length, artist, album, etc..) but the elapsed timer is just stucked at 0:00.  the play button doesnt change to pause when you click it (which means its not playing or responding).

is there anything i need to do to my linkstation ls-chl? i upgraded the firmware (uk) to latest version (20-11-08) but still the same problem.  my ls-chl is the 1TB version.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: iTunes can see and browse all the music files but wont play (ls-chl)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »
Try to update the firmware and set the unit back to factory defaults. This should resolve the issue.

mutejute

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 03:01:20 AM »

If i reset the unit back to factory defaults, will this delete any/all files from the disk?

My ls-chl has the latest firmware already, can the updater still update the ls-chl and overwrite the installed firmware (even if its just the same version)

Many thanks.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 12:12:19 PM »
Resetting the unit to defaults will default all configuration, but will not delete data or the shared folders. Perform this by clicking on Maintenence, then Initialization, then click the Restore button.

mutejute

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
   There's one thing you forgot to mention, about how long does it take for the ls-chl 1TB to reset back to default settings.  Its been almost an hour and the light on NAS is still blinking and alternating colors from blue to purple to white.  Is this normal?  I thought resetting the unit takes a few minutes only.
Message Edited by mutejute on 12-09-2008 12:27 AM

mutejute

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 12:26:45 AM »
   its been 8 hours and my linkstation is still not up after restoring to default settings.  light is still flashing.  my ls-chl 1TB firmware is 1.02 released on 18/11/08 if that would help. is it safe to turn the power off and restart?
Message Edited by mutejute on 12-09-2008 12:28 AM

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 10:23:23 AM »
This should only take a few min.  Hold in the init or function button and let the unit reset.  Did you flash the firmware first?

mutejute

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »

it probably hang during shutdown. i switched the power off and back on. the initialisation went through and it is now back to factory default settings.

itunes is now working fine. i can browse and play the music.  so far no problem or side effects (initialisation not shutting down/rebooting properly).

consider this as solved. thanks.