Author Topic: Pro - Media Server not discovering Music tags ?  (Read 4960 times)

roydonaldson

• Calf
Re: Pro - Media Server not discovering Music tags ?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »

Ok, think I've discovered what the problem is:

Linkstation Live 1TB

* This uses twonky as it's default Upnp server and this support FLAC.

Linkstation Pro 2TB

* This uses firefly, mt-daapd, as it's default Upnp server and this does not support FLAC !

Sheesh, guess I'll be returning this box now then. This is a shame and it does seem very strange to have the newer, bigger, faster box not support functionality that the slower older box can do.

Roy.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »

Yeah, looks like you're right on that one.  That would explain why the Twonky settings on the Live are not accessible on the Pro.  You can't access what isn't there.  The Pro is more geared towards small business/office environs.  So, say for example you have Windows XP Pro but you want to have all the media capabilities of the Media Center edition.  It doesn't make contextual sense to have all of the computers in an office running Media Center and hoping to be able to easily setup administrative restrictions.  Likewise, with a home setup if you have Windows XP Pro and want to be able to utilize it for Media access (music, movies, etc.) you can do this but the OS is primarily geared with options that you'll probably never use in that OS environment.  Basically, just because it says Pro doesn't exactly mean it covers each and every base.

roydonaldson

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 04:26:20 AM »

Unforuntely, I've just looked over the Pro some more and it does indeed have Twonky installed on it.

But, there seems to be no way to edit the Twonky configuration files to turn the debugging on. The Buffalo installer seems to reset all the flags the their chosen default every time it's started.

Any advice on how to enable the debug on the twonky server in the Pro ?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »

Looking into it.  I'll let you know what I find.

roydonaldson

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 09:07:10 AM »

There are a couple of posts in the Twonky forums on twonky 5 having issues with FLAC tags:

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6027&p=22448&hilit=flac+tags#p22448

What version of Twonky is running on the Linkstation Pro ? Can you raise this with Twonky to check if it is a known issue with them ?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »

I'm checking into what version of Twonky is on the NAS.  I'll post back later on what I can find.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »

LS Pro  TwonkyMedia:  Version 4.4.19_e2 and it doesn't look like you can access it via port 9050 as I had previously thought.  No word on whether this function will be added nor whether Twonky will be updated via firmware.