Author Topic: Terastation Live and UPS  (Read 3251 times)

Mammoth5

• Calf
Terastation Live and UPS
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:46 PM »

After troubleshooting the issue and speaking with tech support, it turns out that the Terastation Live doesn't support UPS shutdown communication even though it has a serial port.  What is the purpose of the serial port if that is the case?  If it is not usable, I find its presence to be deceptive.  I'm guessing that I'm not the only person to assume that the inclusion of the serial port implied that the device would work with my UPS.  This is very frustrating.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Terastation Live and UPS
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 05:07:09 PM »
If you search the forum for UPS you will find a compatibility chart that explains what models will work with our devices.

jfourman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »

Use the link under "Articles" on this page to learn how to "Activate UPS Support on TS Live". You will need to install ACP_Commander first (instructions also on this link) to get Telnet access to the TS Live.

You will find other useful TS Hacks on this page as well.

Good luck.

Message Edited by jfourman on 12-06-2008 10:31 AM
Message Edited by drmemory on 07-21-2009 01:43 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

Unfortunately, modifying the device's operating system in any way can void your warranty. The warranty states:

"If the Buffalo product malfunctions during the warranty period, Buffalo Technology will, replace the unit, provided the unit has not been subjected to...non-Buffalo Technology authorized alteration, modifications or repair."

The full text of Buffalo's warranties is located here:

http://www.buffalotech.com/files/Storage-Multimedia%20Warranty%20Statement.pdf

UPS support is not included in the Terastation Live, but I will forward up a feature request.