Author Topic: Media Server not working after firmware upgrade 1.31 on ls-xhl  (Read 13153 times)

rknaub

• Calf
Re: Media Server not working after firmware upgrade 1.31 on ls-xhl
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
Ok did a reset to factory defaults, media server seems to be working again for ps3, ipad and iPhone... However, i cannot get anything to play on my iPhone when on 3G. At home on wifi it works great, and it is not a router/firewall issue, i can see the files just fine, even rename them, but it will not stream over a 3G connection.

parsobarus

• Calf
Re: Fixed after "restore factory defaults"
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 05:59:16 PM »

no, it does not reformat. All files stored on the drive are left unchanged.

Model LS-XH1.0TL, Firmware 1.56

rknaub

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

Ok, after restoring to defaults every thing started working again, except like I said in my last post, my iphone cant play movies from 3G, but works fine from wifi. Today i discover that when on 3G, that if i 'switch to full mode', I can now stream movies to the iPhone. However, if i go back to multi touch mode, i can no longer stream movies, so this is obviously some kind of software bug, nothing to do with a router or firewall. Just thought this would be helpful information for anybody that might have an iPhone. By the way i am using the Linkstation Pro, LS-XHLxxx (i forget the full model number, but it's the 1TB version). Can't wait till firmware 1.34!

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2010, 03:58:31 AM »

I have an LS-WK4.0TL and I didn't upgrade the NAS firmware prior to the issue happening, but I cannot get my PS3 to connect to my media server now also.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 02:15:42 PM »

Try re-initializing the database within the GUI.  Choose "Refresh Now" and "Initialize before refresh"

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 01:43:03 AM »

Dustrega,

Tried as you suggested, but there is no option to "initialise before refresh" in the 1.31 firmware.

I also tried restoring factory defaults.

Finally did as Jotin suggested and forced firmware update back to firmware 1.24 and normal service has resumed. Can you feedback to your firmware development peeps that 1.31 doesn't work with DLNA

Cheers.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 11:53:27 AM »

I will try and get the 1.33 version that we have posted up on the UK site and see if that helps but it will take time.  Other than that there's not much more that I could say on the matter.

Edit: It looks like the firmware is developed and distributed to regions individually so it looks like it will be a little while.  If the firmware from the US site is utilized in another region please be advised it will void your respective warranty.

lolo

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

I have exactly the same pb as mbnichols

I send  a mail to the support and been told the issue have been raised to developers, but since then (1 month ago) no news... Could you follow up please?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

I would suggest taking a look at Question 2 here.  That's probably why there's a delay.

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 01:23:49 AM »

Has there been any information passed around about 1.33 and will it fix the DLNA problems?

I forced the firmware back to 1.26 and it started working, as I mentioned in another thread. But then is stopped again, so I forced firmware again, and I got an ACP_STATE_FAILURE error. I did a soft firmware update and it updated and is now working, but only partially. If I go to the media server page under extensions it keeps giving me an error message "While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Restart Media Server' button after establishing Internet connection". This I can't get to go away. Also the DTCP-IP won't update because it is still updating firmware. Additionally, the media server somehow doesn't capture all the new stuff I have downloaded in the last few days. It does capture a few of the new things, but not all.

So before I go an upgrade firmware again, and risk a more fatal error, will it fix the media server problems I am having?

Thanks

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »

I'll submit the bug to the UK team, but from there it's out of my hands.  I won't make the prediction a firmware update will fix the problem although a re-initialization again might.  I'm sorry, I wish I had more methods to try.

stevetireguy

• Calf
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 01:03:05 PM »

I am having problems. My setup is a Buffalo Linkstation Pro 1 TB firmware 1.33 and WD TV Live.

I started noticing the problem after a firmware upgrade (1.31?). Symptoms are:

• Changes to playlists are not correctly reflected on WDTV Live.
  • Playlists sometimes don't make any sense at all, with random entries duplicated or starting with a song that is no longer in the playlist. I have a 204 song playlist that is currently showing 278 songs on WDTV Live.
  • m4a DRM free files from itunes will no longer play. WDTV shows them in the playlist. When the list is playing it just skips any m4a files and plays the mp3 files. m4a worked previously. Note that the m4a files play fine if I access them by logging into the share from WDTV Live.

Several others are reporting the same problem on the WDTV Live forums.

Restore linkstation pro to factory defaults did not work for me. (tried it twice)

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2010, 12:43:55 PM »

Since a re-init has been performed to no avail I would suggest a force firmware update and then a re-init.

stevetireguy

• Calf
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 04:06:39 PM »

Tried the force update with new 1.34 firmware and re-init afterward. I still have the same problem. In addition to the symptoms I noticed above, windows media player and my directv box stopped being able to connect to the media server sometime around the 1.31 ugrade.

Any other ideas?

mullerice

• Calf
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 07:01:45 AM »

Hi, 

I have just bought an LS-XHL (1TB) in the UK. It came supplied with firmware version 1.24. It could be seen by my PS3. I upgraded to firmware v1.34, and it now cannot be seen. Can anybody please give some advice. I have not performed a force firmware downgrade, as I am unable to find 1.24 fimware (only for the WS-XL model - I don't know if this is the same??)

I've performed the "restore to factory defaults" following the firmware upgrade, and it still cannot be seen.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,