Author Topic: LS-CHLV2 keeps starting in E06, even after flashing new firmware  (Read 1308 times)

mbjerg

• Calf

Have a LS-CHL V2, which keeps flashing the E06, even after I have tried starting it with TFTP Boot Recovery LS-WXL 1.24.exe, and flashing the version 1.26 firmware. It seems as though LSUpdater uploads the firmware, but when the NAS restarts it still shows the E06.

Any good advice or do I have to contact Buffalo support?

Thanks

Mikkel

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: LS-CHLV2 keeps staring in E06, even after flashing new firmware
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:46:52 PM »

In the lsupdater folder, look for lsupdater.ini file.

Double-click on the file or edit it in notepad.

Look for something called noformatting. If there is none, Then Under the line stated Flag, type: NoFormatting=0 and save the file.

Run the lsupdater again and see if it starts to formats and update your linkstation.

Please make sure there are no important/unneeded data when you procced with above instructions.

mbjerg

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 12:30:08 PM »

The problem is that there is a lot of important data, which I would like to backup before doing this. Is there any way to do that without taking the disc out of the cabinet and breaking the warranty

tanjl

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »
Honestly, no. My advice is to call your local Buffalo Support and let them know abt your situation before proceeding above instructions. If that's settled, then you need to remove the hdd frm the Buffalo case. Use a paperclip and look for a holes around the NAS. Push lightly into the holes and slowly unclip the housing. There is also a screw at the top, just right around the fan area. Once you remove the housing, unscrew the hdd from the metal plating/mainboard. Takeout the hdd and install it into a computer. Before this, you need to get a software call UFS Explorer. Once your computer can detect the hdd, run UFS and choose the linkstation live hdd and right-click to explore the drive. You should be able to see your share folder/s containing your data.