Author Topic: How to make a schedule restart / reboot for Linkstation LS-WXL?  (Read 7489 times)

buffalo2010

• Calf

Hi there,

How do I make a scheduled restart / reboot for Linkstatio n LS-WXL? For example I would like to make it restart everyday at 2am.

Also can I restart Linkstatio n LS-WXL by using telnet? Can you help to paste the telnet command here?

Thanks again.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: How to make a schedule restart / reboot for Linkstation LS-WXL?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:18:37 AM »

The option is available in the web GUI for the LS under "system-->power mgmt" you can set a timer for the unit to turn itself off and then back on, as for the telnet i nformation, I will inquire about this information to see if there is a way

buffalo2010

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still not sure how to set it right to restart.

For example, I would like to set linkstation duo to restart everyday at 2am. What should I put in Wake up at & begin sleep at? 

Assuming the NAS is turn on 24 x 7, and I just want to schedule an auto restart everyday at 2am.

Thanks again.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 06:53:40 AM »

There is no "reboot" option via time in the system, only manually by selection to reboot in the interface, to have the reboot at around 2AM suggested telling it to shut down around 115AM area than back on at 2AM, the time difference is because shut down is not instanious, it takes a couple of minutes.

buffalo2010

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

When I set Wake up at 02:30 and Begin sleep at  02:00, I have an error msg as below;

Sleep Time of Usage Window 1 is earlier than Awaken Time of Usage Window 1. Please set Sleep Time later than Awaken Time.

What shld I do?

Remember my objective is to restart it everyday at 2am.

Thanks again.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 07:53:01 AM »

It seems that if you switch what each drop down does, (i.e the wake time is actually the sleep time).  I will look into this to get the facts owith these settings

buffalo2010

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »

Thanks for your kind help again! :D