Author Topic: Linkstation freeze & does not shut down  (Read 15441 times)

lokmancuk

• Calf
Linkstation freeze & does not shut down
« on: June 28, 2010, 12:04:49 PM »

Equipment and configuration.

Linkstation Duo LS-WX2 0TL/R1

Firmware Version : 1.26

Hi there,

I have come up with a strange problem, actually do not have many clues for the solution..

Problem is, the Linkstation is freezing, and does not come back to operation.. When I check on Nas Navi, linkstation disappears after freeze..

there is no error message on linstation web-tool, or no led message appears.. Tried to find out some solution on web, but no success yet..

there does not seem to be any way to shut down or restart, I try disconnecting the lan and unplug from adapter directly..

really appreciate if any solution is provided.. I have recently formatted both drives (2tb seagate attached) and done the firmware flashing..

I also tried re-maintaining the firmware, the flasher says most recent one is found, can not update.

Thanks in advance for the advises..

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: Linkstation freeze & does not shut down
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:35:20 AM »
Do you remember the firmware version before this happens?

lokmancuk

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »

actually not, when I purchased the machine it was with factory setup..

is there a way to update previous versions of software ?

Techcowboy77

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 07:35:24 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone found a solution to this yet,

I have a Linkstation Duo LS-WX2.0TL/R1

Current firmware 1.34

This issue was occurring on original firmware which I believe was 1.24 which is why I updated the firmware.

I have tried setting static IP and using DHCP with static assignment in my router.

I have reset to factory defaults.

I still cannot get it to stay on the network for more than about 10 minutes Max.

The IP address will continue to PING even after if freezes but the unit will not respond to the mapped drives to the shares, the IP address or the web interface.

The Off/On/Auto switch does nothing when this occurs.

This unit is less than a month old and started this two weeks ago. Any resolutions?

whj812

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 07:37:29 AM »

I too am having the exact problem described in the above post.  This has to be a known issue.....  Too many people have the same problem.  Hopefully there is a fix released.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 02:30:51 PM »

What is the position of the power switch?  If it's set to AUTO then is the NAS Navi installed on your computer?  If not that's probably the root of your problem.

Mustang68

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 03:05:07 AM »

I must power down my unit to get it to return to normal.  This is not right.  When it locks up it is hosed and will not respond to the power switch or anything.  After powering down and back up it works fine.  This is very intermittent and may work fine for weeks then ...... :(

wfuson

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 11:04:31 PM »

No Solution here, but I am having the same problem on a LinkStation Pro Duo.  It's an older unit, Firmware version 1.09 with no firmware upgrades available.  A second LS Pro Duo is with firmware version 3.10 and has a slider power switch that has always worked.  Both have 500GB hdd's.

I've not seen any reference to a solution though.  When the unit goes south the only possible recovery has been to pull the plug - literally, and I do NOT like doing that.

mforrest

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »

My Linkstation has very similar problem

my Model Number LS-WX2.0TL/R1

Linkstation disappears from navigation

Cannot be found on network

Blue flashing linght

Will not power down gracefully

Jerk power cord . wait . reconnect

Still blue flansing llight and will not boot

darmou

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »

up!

I have the same problem on my linkstation pro 2to

firmware 1.34

please help us!!

thanx!

fknandrew

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 12:36:32 AM »

Hi, we have the exact same situation.  Its still plugged though. I am afraid to unplug it.

I have a LS-CHL 1.5T.  NAS can't locate it.  I tried shutting it down, but the blue light keeps blinking even after I switch it to Off.  I am tempted to unplug and plug again  and maybe it will work but its too risky.  I have tons of important data there.

I hope someone out there gets to solve this.  Seems to be a very common problem to be ignored.

neilt

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 03:31:58 AM »

Hi, Any updates on this? I have exactly the same problem. Updated the firmware a couple of months ago, but can't connect to it now to check version number. I'm wary of pulling the power, but is that the only way to recover?

DLB_84

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 05:23:04 AM »
Same problem. Linkstation Duo freezes and locks up after random durations. Device will continue to respond to ping requests. Can't login to web admin, bitorrent or web access, or access SMB shares. LinkStation Duo Firmware revision 1.56 2 of 2tb western digital green

Danielh

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »

Same issue.  Just got a LS-X2.0 and have it schd to shut down from 12:45 to 6:30, and when I check it in the morning the blue led is flashing.  any suggestions. Just did a test to shut down in 10 minutes and when it went in shutdown mode the blue led started flashing, and it's beeing doing tat for the past 7 minutes.  Daniel H, Montreal. Canada

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 05:32:30 PM »
If you update to the 1.64 firmware it should resolve the issue.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!