Author Topic: LS Mini firmwaer update?  (Read 869 times)

aamcle

• Calf
LS Mini firmwaer update?
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:57:28 am »
My mini reports firmware 1.06 apparently the latest version is 1.31 so I downloaded the update.

I Plugged the mini directly into a laptop, ran navigator and found it - all was well!!

If I then run the updater I'm told that there is nothing needing to be updated, this does not seem right as the firmware versions apparently don't match.

Am I wrong or is something not something working?
I take it that I need to backup the drive before I try the upgrade and things get sad?
Regards aamcle

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS Mini firmwaer update?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:58:43 am »

AngelsAbyss wrote:

You should always have a spare backup before attempting to update firmware at anytime.  As for if you have the proper firmware or not, hard to say, you did not leave a model number in the post, if you are certain everything is correct there is a forced procedure to follow to update the firmware http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-2-of-4-Force-Firmware-update-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/11011

Seriously AngelsAbyss do you know your own products? >:(

LS-WSXL/R1 is the new Linkstation mini that uses the 1.31 FW update.

LS-WSGL/R1 is the older Linkstaion mini with the blue/yellow interface who's latest FW version is 1.06

DO NOT FOLLOW THE FORCE FW INSTRUCTIONS AS THIS MAY BRICK YOUR UNIT AND VOID WARRANTY!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.