Author Topic: Time and Joining AD  (Read 3644 times)

cbrien

• Calf
Time and Joining AD
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:20:36 AM »

Trying to set up a TerraStation Pro.   Following advice in other threads after I could not set shares, I installed latest firmware (v 1.33) and reset to Factory Defaults.

I went through the AD setup process again and could not see AD users this time.  I could see groups but not users.  I noticed the time was off so was trying to reset the time thinking that could be the issue.  Now when I try to set the time to Local Time, it will not save it, it reverts GMT.

????

cbrien

• Calf
Re: Time and Joining AD
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 02:20:49 PM »

I was finally able to get the Time to stay set by turning OFF NTP updates.

Now when I go through the rest of the process to attach the TerraStation to the AD I can see Domain Groups but cannot access any of the Domain Users.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 11:04:12 AM »

have you followed this

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=813&query.id=29975#M813

make sure you create the computer account as an unmannaged, pre-windows 2000 machine. 

cbrien

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »

Yes, that is the thread I was following when I reset and tried to rejoin.  Still no luck. 

I notice that the only AD Group I now see is :

Domain Group List

Group Name
Group Description
administrators
HOUCFS2Domain Group
Before I updated the firmware, one time I joined to the AD I was able to see all AD users and groups.  I was having difficulty getting Share security to work so I updated the firmware on the off chance something in the update would make my problem go away.  Is there any way to move back to the earlier firmware release?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 01:38:49 PM »
If you try the delegate authority to an external SMB server does that pull the user names?