Author Topic: HD-CE1.0TU2 problems  (Read 27202 times)

BryanDamask

• Calf
Re: HD-CE1.0TU2 problems. (Yet another)
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »

i seem to have backed up all my computers on this drive, and i went to make a new backup, and the thing comes on for about 15 seconds, and quits, anyone have a suggestion besides buy a new backup drive from another company?

Thank you

sunnyskater

• Calf
Re: HD-CE1.0TU2 problems
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 03:01:02 PM »

I've owned my HD-CE1.0TU2 for several months.  I run windows XP and the drive is formatted in NTFS and I am in the United States and purchased the drive in the United States.  I bought the drive to store music and photos because my computer just didn't have a big enough HD.  Unfortunately, since I've owned the unit, it tends to freeze up and cause my entire computer to freeze.  I then cannot unmount the drive and I am having to unplug the unit or complete reboot my machine to get it to unfreeze. 

I am going to try the firmware update that states it fixes the Hibernation mode, but I am not sure that is the solution.  I have about 300GB of data I don't want to lose but feel like I will be going down the path of the other users in this thread. 

Any suggestions?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »
Well the firmware fix for the hibernation mode would be for the external HDD specifically, but if your entire computer is freezing then it's the possibility that the HDD could be bad. If you're still in warranty I would contact your local tech support for an exchange. General system freezing due to a bad external device is pretty commonplace but if you've narrowed it down to the external that's what I would do. :)

lar

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »

Hi

just thinking with all the issues pointing towards hardware failure why are buffalo insisting that i should never rely on one disk when they put back up software on it

"Using a single drive as the only storage space for sensitive data has inherent risks"this is a quote by a mod in this forum,

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 04:35:21 PM »

lar wrote:

Hi

just thinking with all the issues pointing towards hardware failure why are buffalo insisting that i should never rely on one disk when they put back up software on it

"Using a single drive as the only storage space for sensitive data has inherent risks"this is a quote by a mod in this forum,

It's assumed that a customer would use the backup software to back up their computer onto the drive. The simple fact of the matter is that hard drives CAN fail. This does not mean they WILL after a certain period.

lar

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 03:56:12 PM »
   Fair comment but who said hard drive

torxx

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »

I will report that I just had my second corruption issue with this drive.   The first time I was attributing it to me not using the appropriate means of shutting down the device with the media box I was using.  Not this time.  I have been careful.  I first had a reported set of errors with a couple of files, and today I ran a check disk and it's not reading it in Vista.  This is not acceptable.  

I had firmware 1.0 on it, and I am trying out FW v3.0 right now.  All it says is that it fixes hibernation issues.  What does that mean?   Was there some data corruption problem with the firmware before v3?  

NGOboy

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »

This is to Noel.

I also live in Japan and purchased the same device as you. It is now mucking around like most computer related stuff does also. The following site however is the one you can use to get the update file. Note that both the website and Driver are in Japanese. Simply go to this site http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/hd/hd-ceu2_dnavi.html, scroll down to the orange download button (it is in English) select your device from the drop box HD-CEU2????? then enter your Serial code found on the bottom in the text box below this.

Then finally run the drivenavi.exe, problem solved and you can tell NA Buffalo to go have a nice holiday (or worse depending on your frustration level). Things like this happen though and my problem was caused by the hibernating upset, which I can't seem to find a fix for on the Japanese Buffalo website.

oohansel

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 12:37:18 AM »

live in japan. wish i had read this before buying.

i have the 1.5 bought it at BIC camera.

i don't read japanese but i entered the 14digit number and it doesn't work. is there a torrent of this somewhere? i'd like the english anyway!

now i'm afraid to use the darn thing.

you'd think that buffalo would enter the current century and make all documentation available without the need for a s//n, that's what dell does.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 05:23:07 AM »

you'd think that buffalo would enter the current century and make all documentation available without the need for a s//n, that's what dell does.

Yeah but DELL also inisist on a a €50 upfront payment of any out of warranty issues (even without know what the problem is) Every company has its good and bad points!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jasem

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 04:16:58 PM »

can anyone help?

I have HD-CE1.0TU2 Drive station, my operating system is windows 7 (32)

the problem:

my computer folder show my drive size equal to 0 and I can't Access my HD and when I try to Access it a massage appear saying my drive need to be formatted. I have been using it for a long time, I have files stored in it.

what happened just before I have the problem:

my electricity went down due to a short circuit in my house, thus my PC and my external HD stopped working suddenly.

What can I do ?

please help

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »

jasem,

It looks like the drive suffered corruption. You can either format (thus erasing the data), or contact a data recovery service like DriveSavers ( http://www.drivesavers.com/ )

busta

• Calf
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »

HD-CE1.OTIU2-US after downloading the software, I always get to enabling the turboUSB when I get a ?????????????  And then it tells me that turboUSB cannot be enabled.

I am running windows 7(32), is that the problem?

?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »

busta wrote:

HD-CE1.OTIU2-US after downloading the software, I always get to enabling the turboUSB when I get a ?????????????  And then it tells me that turboUSB cannot be enabled.

I am running windows 7(32), is that the problem?

?

I dont think the Turbo USB software for that unit is compatible with win 7.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!