Author Topic: How Buffalo tested the 2TB drives yet on their RAID sytems?  (Read 1544 times)

miogpsrocks

• Calf
How Buffalo tested the 2TB drives yet on their RAID sytems?
« on: March 20, 2010, 02:39:48 AM »

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone at Buffalo has tested larger capacity drives on their Terastation yet? The last time I checked, I belive the largest drive tested was a 1.5 TB.  I was wondering if any test have been done on 2TB Drives. I am always running out of space and I don't like the sound one of my drives is making so I am thinking about upgrading. 

Thanks for your help.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: How Buffalo tested the 2TB drives yet on their RAID sytems?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »

depending on the ts.

slemay

• Calf
Re: How Buffalo tested the 2TB drives yet on their RAID systems?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 07:35:42 PM »

Ditto on this question.

I have a TeraStation II that we'd like to upgrade to 4 of the Seagate ST32000641AS drives (2TB each).  I hate buying them and trying first.  I know the 1.5 TB's worked (as I've read that here as well).  But I wasn't sure if anyone has played with this yet.  I've read in other forums, that the Western Digital 2TBs have had a lot of issues working in various NAS's - but haven't ready anything about the Seagate's (which leads me to believe the WD's have issues).

Thanks,

Shawn

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: How Buffalo tested the 2TB drives yet on their RAID systems?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:57:33 AM »

Buffalo Units use Seagate drives in all of the units, the Hitachi 2TB drives have proven to be reliable in the 8TB units from Buffalo specifically.